PDA

View Full Version : Drum Sander gloat

Russ Massery
01-22-2005, 11:21 PM
My 16-32 came in today,:D I really wanted the 22-44 but due to budgetary restrains:rolleyes: the 16-32 will have to due. I found the machine right on out of the box. assembly was very easy. after a few test boards I'm very happy with the results. It's a machine that I've looked at and had on my wist list for a long time now. Though it 16-32 I still feel it will more fill my needs. And to fulfill the requierments of the forum 1 pic. attached

Russ

John Miliunas
01-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Congrats on the new addition, Russell! :) I have its distant relative, the Delta version and, being so similar in design, I think you're going to especially love it when finishing up on figured woods. Really excells on stuff like that.:cool:

Jerry Krakauer
01-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Russell, I have the 16-32 for now going on four years. I've not regreted it a day I've owned it. the bigger machine is great if I could have afforded it. But I've done 30" doors with my 16-32 NO Problem! just a few more minutes of my time. Enjoy!!

Ted Shrader
01-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Russell -

Congratulations on your new acquisition. It will be a valuable addition, I am sure.

Ted

Doug Shepard
01-23-2005, 8:18 AM
Welcome to the 16-32 club:)
Planer tearout on figured wood will now just become a dim memory for you.:cool:

Mike Cutler
01-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Nice Machine Russell. I have that very same model and have used it quite a bit. I like it alot.
About the onle advice I could give is to put some locking casters on the legs.
Like the other guys said planer tearout is history. Enjoy your new toy,err.. tool ;)

Jim Becker
01-23-2005, 2:25 PM
Congratulations on your new sander, Russell. It's nice tool to have in the shop. Enjoy!

Ray Petri
01-23-2005, 8:03 PM
Congrats. I got one about two weeks ago and really love it and have used it quite a bit already. I got mine from Northwest Power Tools and they have the best price on sandpaper for it.

Jeff Sudmeier
01-23-2005, 8:21 PM
I have had my eye on that sander as well! It is on my list of major tools that I would like to purchase!

Congrats on the new sander!

Christopher Stahl
01-23-2005, 8:57 PM
Congrats on your new purchase. I've been thinking of purchasing one of these, but I'm a little confused how they work. I haven't seen one in person yet.

When you try to sand a larger piece of wood, how do you support the portion that is sticking out? Simple question, but I don't know. :) Do you even need to?

thanks,
chris

Russ Massery
01-24-2005, 2:02 PM
Hello Chris, lenth wise or width? There are pressure rollers on either side of the drum. That puts pressure on the work piece as it goes thru. If the work piece is wider than the drum you should support it by hand as it goes thru. They do make outfeed tables for this unit but, I'm still contemplating making my own.

Hope it helps,Russ

aurelio alarcon
01-24-2005, 2:30 PM
Very nice addition! Congratulations!

Christopher Stahl
01-24-2005, 8:40 PM
Russell, thanks for that info. I figured that was the case, but I just wanted verification before I purchase one. Sounds like everyone really likes these machines.

thanks,
chris

Phil Phelps
01-25-2005, 9:11 AM
Congratulations on your new sander, Russell. It's nice tool to have in the shop. Enjoy!
By halftime of the Superbowl, your gonna' be too upset to work around machinery, Jim. :D :D