PDA

View Full Version : Probems burning

Lori Molitor
03-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Help, I am having issues with my finished products. While the laser is burning or etching it starts to burn wavy. Wavy and then will burn straight again then back to wavy. I have cleaned the lenses. Any ideas why. I have a epilog 45 watt.
Thanks

Larry Bratton
03-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Call Epilog tech support. Your best bet for a quick resolution. You will get lots of speculative answers on here and some right, some wrong. They are your best bet IMHO.

Dee Gallo
03-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Lori! It sounds like you have something loose, flapping, vibrating or moving.

If it's your substrate, since you don't mention what it is, it could be curved wood, lightweight paper, warped acrylic, etc. Make sure it is flat and secure. If you are using air assist, it could be pushing your substrate around too.

If it's your laser, check all belts and lenses and whatever else you can find for loose screws or connections. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable guys here who can help you if you find a loose part.

And Larry is right - Epilog tech support is excellent!

Good luck, dee

Mike Null
03-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Lori

I like Dee's answer but please tell us what material you are using.

Lori Molitor
03-06-2011, 11:40 AM
It happens when dealing with any material, wood plaques,glasses in rotarty. It was doing this before about a month ago and then starting working again.

Dan Hintz
03-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Pics speak a thousand words here...

Rodne Gold
03-06-2011, 11:56 AM
If your machine has positioning encoders , like encoder strips or shaft encoding discs on the motors , they might be dirty.

Lori Molitor
03-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I will try and post pic today
Thanks

David Fairfield
03-06-2011, 1:33 PM
Sometimes a regular cleaning/lubricating will solve a problem like this. If that hasn't solved the problem, let the epilog tech people talk you through the fix. Might be the tension on the belt, real easy to adjust, but let them guide you over the phone. Have a screwdriver ready in case they ask you to remove the side panels.

Dave