PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1587vs Jigsaw

Don L Johnson
03-05-2011, 6:01 PM
I've had trouble with this jigsaw almost since it was new...I've put up with it for several years. I'm checking to see if anyone else has this problem and if so, how they corrected it.

I can't get the blade to get fully tight when installing a blade. After it is installed (with the orbit selector lever in position III), I turn the blade and get it properly positioned in the little guide, then pull the blade down. Next, I tighten the knob until it meets resistence and push the knob flush with the jigsaw body. The blade should now be fully enguaged and tight within the blade plunger, but it is not. I can move the blade up and down, with a little rotation, a little over an eight of an inch.

Because of this sloppy blade fit, I can't cut straight lines or turn the blade to cut curves very accurately.

Did I buy a bad design to begin with, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks,

Don J

mickey cassiba
03-05-2011, 6:21 PM
At my last job, we had 3 of those. 2 Worked perfectly, despite the ham handed operators. the third, I could never get to tighten properly. I tried replacing all sorts of parts, and still no-go. I ended up using number three for parts to keep 1&2 going. Never did figure it out. Sorry.

scott spencer
03-05-2011, 6:38 PM
I've had a 1587VS for a few years now and never noticed an issue.

Ed Kilburn
03-05-2011, 8:29 PM
Don hope this helps, I got the 1591 for the barrel grip, and the new blade release. Check out http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-1587avs-0601587651-jig-saw-parts-c-128_1098_1108.html, at the bottom someone states "you will need to replace the whole 'clic' assy..part #2-602-025-901..be sure and install all the parts that come with the assy ...hope this helps..!
parts avail at ereplacementparts.com"

Scott Shuman
03-05-2011, 8:53 PM
Hi Don,
Are you turning it till it clicks? You must turn past resistance, until it clicks.

Scott

Rick Moyer
03-06-2011, 12:19 AM
What do you mean "pull the blade down"? I insert the blade, turn it 90 degrees to position it into the guide, then turn the tightening knob on top until it clicks a few times, then push the knob flush into place. i don't think you're supposed to pull the blade down!?

Curt Harms
03-06-2011, 9:05 AM
What do you mean "pull the blade down"? I insert the blade, turn it 90 degrees to position it into the guide, then turn the tightening knob on top until it clicks a few times, then push the knob flush into place. i don't think you're supposed to pull the blade down!?

Rick is right AFAIK. Push the blade in as far as it will go, twist 90* and tighten while pushing in toward the body. See if that helps. My refurb works fine.

Don L Johnson
03-06-2011, 10:59 AM
I just pulled the top up and rotated it...it had a hard click, and by the time I turned it 1 full turn, it clicked about 6 times. It is fine now. I've turned it before and it just had very light clicks; don't know why the difference now, but thanks for all the input.