PDA

View Full Version : OK friends, THIS is the one!

shane lyall
03-05-2011, 2:04 PM
One last C-list check before I go pick up my new saw. Glad I looked! Gona pick this up and skip the hybrid. Saved me about $600! I bet if you zoom in on the pic there's bound to be fingers laying aroung from the last use! Never seen anything like this! Must be a shop made "tool" http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/shanelyall/1299351286.jpg

Michael Weber
03-05-2011, 2:10 PM
Ha, at least you won't need help loading it up. Seems to me Black and Decker or similar used to sell something like this that was made for mounting a circular saw upside down in. Think our local little theater had one in the shop.

shane lyall
03-05-2011, 2:16 PM
I have a set of folding tv trays that look just like this thing. I could rout a couple miter slots in them and add a drop in plate and have a router table to match!

John McClanahan
03-05-2011, 3:47 PM
I have one of those! I made a plywood top and use it for an extra shop table, then fold it up when not in use.

john

Chris Parks
03-05-2011, 5:47 PM
Back in the 1960's we built a house using a home made saw that did not look a lot different to that and survived the experience. I don't see what the big deal is, a flat top, a spinning blade and a fence. it is all the same whether made in a factory or home made it just looks better when you pay lots of money for it.

Buck Williams
03-05-2011, 6:12 PM
I can see another plus to that saw, I don't think you'll have to worry about it being stolen.