PDA

View Full Version : new Grizzly tools, plus my new DC web page

Dave Harker
01-22-2005, 3:34 PM
Hi, I've learned a lot from this board, and post occasionally. I just finished several updates to my web page. The link is below.

There are several pics and lots of info about taking delivery and assembling my Grizzly G1018HW jointer and G1023SL cabinet saw.

I also have several DC pages, including:

- homemade overarm DC for table saw
- miter saw DC builtin to the miter saw bench
- my two-trash-can, mini-cyclone separator
- adding Wynn canister filter to G1029 DC

http://webpages.charter.net/harkerhome/WWShop/index.html

enjoy!

Dave

Greg Leighty, Chattanooga TN
01-22-2005, 3:50 PM
Thanks for the post. I enjoyed looking around your shop.

Tyler Howell
01-22-2005, 4:20 PM
Hey Dave,

Welcome to the Creek. What part of our fair state are you in??

Tim Morton
01-22-2005, 4:40 PM
Nice pages!! loved reading about the jointer set up and the plum bob tip will come in handy when I adjust ny pulley's. Thanks!!

nic obie
01-23-2005, 2:05 PM
Dave,

I like your cyclone. Very ingenious, and great use of off the shelf items.

My friends think I'm crazy because I'm always building stuff like that. They think I'm wasting time and should just buy it ready made. I say, 'Where's the fun in that?' :D

(However, let's not talk about the assortment of contraptions out back behind my shop that I can't bring myself to throw away. Hey... they almost worked)

Dave Harker
01-23-2005, 3:50 PM
Thanks for the replies, it's been fun putting the DC system and shop together.

Tyler, I'm in the Rochester area.

I hope the jointer tips help, I learned a lot here about some of those setup issues, it helps to have some tips in advance.

Dave

Kent Cori
01-23-2005, 8:17 PM
Dave,

I have both too and I know you're going to love 'em. Thanks for the shop tour too.

Tom LaRussa
01-24-2005, 9:11 PM
Hi, I've learned a lot from this board, and post occasionally. I just finished several updates to my web page. The link is below.

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the 'Creek!

It's nice to have another DIYer around here! (I have a shop-built pre-filter screen box on my DC and I built my own overarm guard/DC pickup as well.)

You're shop looks cool. I like the tune/tv station especially. I have to do something like that one of these days, as I'm getting tired of listening to myself talk all the time. :rolleyes:

Oh, one head's up. The final pic of your DC wouldn't load for me.

:)

Tom

Jerry Olexa
01-24-2005, 9:53 PM
Dave enjoyed looking @ your website of your shop etc. I too made a conversion to my DC using a Wynn cannister and added a nuetral vane. Do you find you still needed a can separator? Does it help? I thought (maybe wrongly) that my coversion etc was enough. Thanks for your post..Nice website.

Dave Harker
01-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Jerry, I'm not sure if I still need the separator or not, after adding the neutral vane to the DC, and adding the canister filter. I built the separator first, right after getting the DC.

However, after all the work of building that separator, I'll keep it - plus I like the ease of emptying a garbage can. Good question, though, I hadn't thought of that.

Dave

Steve Clardy
01-25-2005, 2:35 PM
Nice shop and site. Thanks for sharing.

Jerry Olexa
01-25-2005, 2:57 PM
Jerry, I'm not sure if I still need the separator or not, after adding the neutral vane to the DC, and adding the canister filter. I built the separator first, right after getting the DC.

However, after all the work of building that separator, I'll keep it - plus I like the ease of emptying a garbage can. Good question, though, I hadn't thought of that.

Dave
Dave, I agree. If its built, I'd continue to use. Can't hurt! Love your site. Good job!