PDA

View Full Version : looking for hard to find book

sarah schell
03-04-2011, 3:49 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me get a lead on a book that seems impossible to find. It's called "Making Craftsman Style Lamps" by Edward R. Turner. Long story short, none of the internet retailers have it(believe me, I've tried them all--amazon, alibris, books a million, etc). Although it was published a few years ago, it's out of print. The library of congress doesn't have it, the local library tried to borrow the only copy they could find in the US, but the library that had it has lost it. I called the publisher, who ceded the rights back to the author--tried to find him, but he fell off the grid and moved from Canada to the West Indies. I called Bob Lang to see if he knew where to find it, but no luck. Even asked a rare book seller to find it for me. I'm also on a list on one of the sites (I forget which one), and haven't heard anything since I started looking in November. I'd love to purchase a copy if anyone knows of one.

David G Baker
03-04-2011, 4:22 PM
Check out All Book Stores dot com on line. It showed up in stock in Canada, the cost was around $38.00 shipping included in the price.

Greg Portland
03-04-2011, 4:24 PM
http://openlibrary.org/books/OL3690479M/Making_craftsman-style_lamps

Click on "borrow" if you've already tried the "buy" links. Once you find a library with the book then see if your local library can get it for you (exchanges are common).

Mike Davis NC
03-04-2011, 4:27 PM
Did you try these libraries?

Kanawha County Public Library system
Main library in Charleston
CHARLESTON, WV 25301 United States

Bloomingdale Public Library
BLOOMINGDALE, IL 60108 United States

St Charles Public Library District
St Charles, IL 60174 United States

Lake Agassiz Regional Library
MOORHEAD, MN 56560 United States

Laramie County Library System
Cheyenne, WY 82001 United States

SURREY PUBLIC LIBRARY
Surrey, BC V3W 4M7 Canada

sarah schell
03-04-2011, 6:02 PM
It's sold out on allbookstores.com when you add to cart to buy, it links to another site, which is sold out. The local library has done a nationwide search. Unfortunately, a few libraries think they have it, but are not able to actually find it on the shelf.