PDA

View Full Version : Fine Woodworking DVD

Jay Jolliffe
03-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Is the dvd worth the price?

Steve Peterson
03-04-2011, 4:54 PM
I have it and really like it. There are so many articles. It is fun to scroll through the old issues, pausing when something grabs your interest. I plan to let most (or all) of my current subscriptions run out after getting the DVD.

The DVD installs everything to your hard disk and uses a simple search program. The front covers of each issue are shown. I am trying to go through them in sequential order. It would be nice if there were a bookmark to keep track of where you are. The search program is OK.

Most places have it listed for the full MSRP. A few places have it for slightly less. I got it from Hartville Tool, currently listed for $119.

Overall, I think it is a very good collection and am really happy with it.

Steve

Lex Boegen
03-04-2011, 5:00 PM
Just like Steve says, I let my FWW subscription expire and I bought the DVD. I bought it directly from Tanuton Press, and each year I qualify for an upgrade price of $20. With that I get the full set rather than just one year, so I always have a full set. I also subscribe to their online service too, so the DVD is probably redundant, but I want it anyway.

Jeff Monson
03-04-2011, 5:17 PM
Its a great collection of past issues, and easy to navigate through. I used mine for a couple weeks and now it basically goes unused, along with the last few years of the FWW magazine. I personally would not buy it again as
I just dont feel I got $119.00 worth of information.