PDA

View Full Version : Oscillating Spindle Sander on kitchen cabinet Mixer Lift?

Gary Dunning
03-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Wondering about mounting my Rigid OSS on a Heavy Duty Mixer Lift that Rockler sells. Any Creekers with thoughts about this? Sure would be convenient if feasible. Thanks.

Bruce Page
03-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Gary, why don't you post a link to what you have in mind.

Bill ThompsonNM
03-04-2011, 8:17 AM
I think that would work ok.. My mixer oscillates more than my sander and the weight is similar

glenn bradley
03-04-2011, 8:55 AM
I think that would work ok.. My mixer oscillates more than my sander and the weight is similar

But you aren't adding the weight of a board to your mixer ;-) Sounds feasible depending on what sort of things you sand, eh?

Thom Sturgill
03-04-2011, 11:34 AM
I had planned on doing the same with both the sander and possibly the miter saw. (I'm primarily a turner.) Consider using a removable leg to support the front edge once lifted into position as an option. If the shelf is 2' wide and the cabinet 2' deep, the diagonal is almost 34". A leg could be stored diagonally under the shelf. For the miter saw I would use double cabinet doors and had planned extensions that would hook onto the open doors and provide a fence even though most of what I would cut would be small pieces for segmented turnings.

Thomas Bank
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm guessing you mean this one: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10751&filter=mixer%20lift

Quick search of Rigid OSS turns up a weight of 40lbs and the lift says 60lbs. So sounds like it would work without problems.

Greg R Bradley
03-04-2011, 4:15 PM
I had installed a mixer lifter for a friend a few years ago. During the install, I tried out my Delta 12" disk sander on it & thought it would be OK, but just barely. I don't know the brand on the lift but it was a good one. The Rigid sander weighs alot less so should be easy. I think my Rigid sander is going on a lift someday.

Rich Engelhardt
03-09-2011, 7:21 AM
Wondering about mounting my Rigid OSS on a Heavy Duty Mixer Lift that Rockler sells. Any Creekers with thoughts about this? Sure would be convenient if feasible. Thanks
IMHO - a flip top roll around cart would be a lot better, more stable and take up possibly less room underneath.
I say possibly less under counter space because the flip top allows you to mount two tools on the cart - whereas the lift is only good for a single tool.