PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Johnson Plastics catalog

stefano panusa
03-03-2011, 10:05 PM
This post is mainly for lurkers like me who just want any and all information.

I just got my 2011 Johnson Plastics catalog, and it's awesome. I've had some promo material sent to me, checked out some websites, but I like catalogs.. maybe I'm old school that way.

Anyway, it's all gloss, has multiple pricing options actually LISTED on the page.
-Full Sheets
-Half Sheets
-Quarters Sheets
and bulk buying for each.

Most of the product info you can find at the Rowmark site, etc. But it's nice to have the main points listed for every product. ie. UV safe, indoor/outdoor, etc.

I guess the only thing I would have preferred was photos of the product and engraved core colors, rather than just a graphic.

Well worth getting if you prefer hardcopy.

Cheers!

Mike Null
03-04-2011, 6:58 AM
Stefano

You can order swatch books from Johnson--there is a charge for them. They will send samples at no cost.

Tony Lenkic
03-04-2011, 4:34 PM
Stefano,

You can request colour flier for Rowmark and IPI sheets from Canadian Engravers Supply Ltd out of Calgary office. Google "CESCO" for further info.
Also, on Rowmark web site you have all categories listed for laser and rotary sheets with visual contrasting core.

Liesl Dexheimer
03-05-2011, 5:03 PM
Is it me or do some of these catalogs come out a lot later than I remember? I still haven't received my JDS or Johnson Plastics catalog. I called JDS awhile ago & they told me mid Feb, may have to make another call. Do you think they are trying to push online versions more? I agree, printed versions are nice to have as well.

stefano panusa
03-05-2011, 7:07 PM
Yes, I totally think the printed ones are going the way of the Dodo. One site, can't remember which, actually explicitly states that they do not offer a printed catalog at all.

Mike Null
03-06-2011, 6:41 AM
I have not received mine either.

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-07-2011, 9:05 PM
Just received a postcard in the mail today from Johnson Plastics. It's announcing the JP catalogs are on-line to "make it faster and easier for you to find the products and supplies you need 24/7 ..." At the bottom of the postcard it says to request either print catalog, call customer service. Looks like we might have to call and ask for the printed catalog from now on?

Rodne Gold
03-08-2011, 1:13 AM
Online catalogs for engraving lams etc are not that useful , we importing a 1000+ sheets from a supplier and spent a LOT of money for our couriers to pick up a sample pack + PHYSICAL samples/engraved sample sheets - if we didnt have the pysical samples , we would have missed out on some nice finishes etc had we only had a online/printed catalog. would have also possibly ordered the wrong shade of Gold/black we want.

Liesl Dexheimer
03-08-2011, 8:50 AM
Just received a postcard in the mail today from Johnson Plastics. It's announcing the JP catalogs are on-line to "make it faster and easier for you to find the products and supplies you need 24/7 ..." At the bottom of the postcard it says to request either print catalog, call customer service. Looks like we might have to call and ask for the printed catalog from now on?

Ugh, so I guess our vendors are having to cut costs too. I long for the "good ol days". Yes, online catalogs make searching easier & faster but it still helps having a printed version, esp for customers.

Terry Swift
03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Many of the vendors who were at the ARA Show were waiting till March to send out new catalogs. Many behind in creating them as they take quite an effort to produce. So many new products as well, so sure that JDS / Johnson Plastics / etc. wait till last minute to show those off too.

I like having both print and on-line. Sometimes my Internet drops for periods of time, so if I need something - catalog only way to go. They do present a burden to keep up and space required though. Only Internet company I have issues with is PDU / Dealers Alliance. Pretty archaic and hard for me to maneuver around and find what I need. Spoke to marketing people at ARA for PDU and explained my issues. Hopefully they can master a nice site like Johnson Plastics / Marco / etc.. If U have to waste a lot of time trying to find something - then I'll go elsewhere even if a little more expensive. My time is worth more than a few cents on something.