PDA

View Full Version : Millers falls # 302 plane?

keith micinski
03-03-2011, 6:57 PM
I paid 5 bucks for this plane on ebay what do you guys think? I am getting bored sitting around the house and sadly enough tuning an old plane up was starting to sound like fun. I will still probaby get a stanley #4 type 11 but I am tired of trying to find a good deal on one.

keith micinski
03-03-2011, 7:07 PM
It appears to be a type 5 because it doesn't have the frog adjustment screw but the cap iron with the sticker doesn't seem to show up anywhere. Never mind it has a red frog and flat head screws so maybe it is just pieced together. I got it it is a number 900 V line plane from the late 50's. Unfortunately the V stands for value meaning this was there version of an economy plane so maybe I should have saved my 5 bucks.

Johnny Kleso
03-03-2011, 7:39 PM
When I checked your link I seen this MF no4
220747047715 @$14 and its the better model with two piece lever cap

Jonathan McCullough
03-03-2011, 8:41 PM
I got one of those at a garage sale. The casting on mine is not as sophisticated as on other planes, but it has good heft, and the depth adjuster wheel is big and easy to use. Cleaned off, tuned up, and with a nice sharp iron, it should perform well.

keith micinski
03-03-2011, 9:07 PM
I probably got a little excited but the auction only had 2 minutes left when I found it and I figured what the hell, it has to be worth 5 bucks.