PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ray and Lynn....

Terry Hatfield
04-14-2003, 8:46 AM
What a weekend!!!!!! A fantasitic time was had by all at Ray's. It was so great to see old friends and meet new ones.

Thanks so much Ray and Lynn for opening your shop to the crazies and for your wonderful hospitality and fantastic food.

Terry Hatfield

Bob Lasley
04-14-2003, 9:04 AM
Thank you indeed Ray and Lynn for a great event! I had a wonderful time and really appreciate all your hard work.

Bob

Eric Apple - Central IN
04-14-2003, 9:31 AM
Thanks Ray & Lynn. You are fantastic hosts.

Bryan Danner
04-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Thanks to Ray and Lynn for the great time. I had a blast meeting you all for the first time.

Also, thanks to everyone else invovled in preparing for and carrying off such a great event. The people were friendly, the food was great, and the craftmanship on display was truely outstanding.

The pond may be dead, but the spirit lives on.

-Bryan

Gary Hern
04-14-2003, 1:06 PM
I had a wonderful time. It was great meeting my old friends, some that I had met in person, and many that this was the first time, face to face. Thanks Ray and Lynn for one heck of a get together! You did a great job, and I agree, the craftsmanship of the displayed items and the others that were demoing was outstanding. Even the guy that is normally out standing in his field, was outstanding. ;-)

Ray Johnson
04-14-2003, 2:30 PM
My wife and I had a very good time at Ray's place. Good company, food, and weather. Glad to have met new faces and see the one's we have met before. Looking forward to another gathering.
RayJ

keith zimmerman
04-14-2003, 2:50 PM
I want to add my thanks to Ray and Lynn. You two went so far out of your way to ensure a spendid time was had by all.

I also want to the it was a great pleasure and honor to meet everyone I had met via the internet forums. My observation is that there is not one bad apple in the bunch.

It was truly an honor to be a part of this past weekend. I will not forget the experience.

Jay Kilpatrick
04-14-2003, 3:57 PM
The last official Pond Picnic was outstanding! Ray and Lynn were very gracious hosts, and all those present were just as gracious of guests. I took away many things from there. A can of finsh I can't wait to try out. A nice bulletin board that was promptly confiscated by the LOML. Enough instruction on using a "long/ellsworth" ground gouge to make me a believer (THANKS TO DAVID SMITH of WASH. STATE), looks like I'm gonna "need" another tool. As to Bill Grumbine, I'm gonna try out the 30 degree scraper grind when they get shapened again. I certainly enjoyed my short discussion with Betty Scarpino...even more so after I found out she's a National/Internationally acclaimed artist (please thank her again for coming, Jen)! Now I have a new appreciation for envy...Thanks to Gary Hearn, I'll never look at my shiny little 1236 in the same light. If you ever want to trade Gary, I'd be happy to personally deliver mine and pick-up that "little" beaut' from John Jordan:D . Last, but not least...All the people were great, it just makes this place exponentially better to meet many of you personally. I know I've missed several names here, but I'm trying to keep it relatively short. I hope we'll all have the oportunity to meet again!

Thank you!
~Jay

Dennis Peacock
04-14-2003, 5:51 PM
For a wonderful time and a beautiful place to visit. The people, hospitality and food were absolutely GREAT. Thanks again and maybe you can make it to the Central States WW BBQ at Terry's place this year.

Dan Barber
04-14-2003, 6:36 PM
from all of the Badger's lost without a Pond. A great time was had by all! To bad we couldn't do this every year.

All the folks were great as usual. As Dave Smith likes to say, "I've never met a Ponder I didn't like".

Well it now seems obvious this extends to all kinds of wood workers for all kinds of forums.

Thanks again to Ray and Lynn. It was so nice to meet so many of the fine folks I hadn't met before and to renew acquaintances with those I had.

Dan, Joy, Carly and Ryan

Jim Baker
04-14-2003, 11:46 PM
Ken - for inviting me to the thing in the first place. Thanks for teaching Jane and me to make pens. Ken is a wonderful teacher. I know of at least three of his students Saturday who had never even touched a lathe before. All three made beautiful pens on the first try.

Ray and Lynn - for hosting the event. You have a beautiful place.

Mark Kauder - for the sassafrass bowl I took home from the project exchange.

Jennifer - for bringing the lumber for the door prizes. The maple we took home is beautiful.

All of the childern - Thanks for playing with our two.