PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit & Sander Sale **PICS**

Ken Salisbury
01-22-2005, 8:50 AM
Max Schultz and his Son came from Indiana yesterday to pick up the Grizzly Drum Sander he bought from me. They arrived at 10am after a 9 hour drive. We had a very pleasant visit, although short since Max was concerned about a snow storm that was forcasted for the area he had to drive back through.

Between Max, his Son and my Grandson they managed to get the 550lb monster in the pickup. Of course I provided the necessary supervision to insure a successful operation :D .

Max - attached to the far bottom right of this thread is the Avatar I promised to make for ya. Just copy and paste in your "user CP" as avatar.

Kelly C. Hanna
01-22-2005, 9:15 AM
I can tell that thing weighs a lot! Congrats on the sale...

John Shuk
01-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Good workout putting that baby in the back. Looks like fun.

Tim Morton
01-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Thats a SEER-ious road trip!! congrats on the new tool!! It doesn't look like much snow is going to be in Alabama though, at least judging by all that bright stuff shining down on all that green stuff...I forget what its called up here in vermont...oh yeah...SUMMER! :D

Karl Laustrup
01-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Congratulations, Max. And you to Ken.

When you first posted that sander my mouth started watering. The only thing that kept me from jumping on it was the drive from the frozen tundra [which it is today, 7" new snow and still coming down sporadically].

Max, I hope you made it back before the storm hit. It looks like it was/is even worse down your way.

Jerry Olexa
01-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Quite a tool and quite a trip. Be careful There[s heavy snow up north

Max Schultz
01-22-2005, 3:50 PM
Thanks to all who commented about my purchase and my trip.
We did make it back just as the storm started to come in. Had to travel the last 30 miles with caution. By this time I have gotten the tractor out and used the front loader to set the machine in the shop. We in our area had only gotten about 6" new snow when I had gotten up this AM.Any how the sander is in the shop the drives are cleaned out Mama is taken a nap so I think I'll got the shop and play with my new toy.
By the way the trip was 1060 miles and appr. $120 worth of fuel. Even if I was not bringing back a prize purchase, it was well worth it to meet an extraordinary man.
Thanks to all
Max Schultz

Ted Shrader
01-22-2005, 5:04 PM
All that weight will be good for the trip back home through the snow.

Max - Congratulations on your "new" tool.

Ted