PDA

View Full Version : I'm ba-ack.....

Leigh Costello
03-02-2011, 5:59 PM
Well, for a few months now I have been battling mysterious symptoms that have befuddled the medical field where I live. As a last resort I began more intensive searches on the internet to find out more about my problems. Eureka! I found the answers!

I have been fighting Ankylosing Spondylitis for decades. A study done by some enlightened medical researchers have determined that this type of arthritis is indeed progressive. I knew that. What I did not know is that it also attacks thoracic organs, you know, the lungs, the heart, the ones we can't live without. Turns out my bones are fusing in disgustingly useless ways that are hampering my movement and my breathing and what all. So I turned to holistic medicine.

Ta-Da! Tai Chi is my latest weapon. So far I have re-established some range of motion of my right arm and have greatly improved my lung capacity. Ahh, motion and breathing...doesn't get much better than this!

I have spent the past few weeks practicing this martial art and am much more relaxed, energized and generally more pleasant to be around. I have been taken off of all but blood pressure meds and ibuprofen when needed.

So here's to discovering new ways to feel better and regain what I had thought was lost! Thank you for your previous prayers and thoughts everyone!

ray hampton
03-02-2011, 6:08 PM
you are welcome back but please do not hard until you get tired

glenn bradley
03-02-2011, 6:37 PM
Great news. Congrats on feeling better with more "better" to come.

David G Baker
03-02-2011, 8:08 PM
Leigh,
Great to have you back and that you are feeling better.
Tai Chi is a great way to exercise your body. When I worked in San Francisco I would walk by a park on my way to work and would see several very old Chinese people exercising using Tai Chi. It was amazing how limber they were. They must have been in their 90's and were in better shape than I was when I was in my 50's. I have a couple of video tapes that demonstrate how to exercise using Tai Chi and have been trying to talk my SO to try the exercises but so far no luck.

mike wacker
03-03-2011, 12:37 AM
I've been battling Ankylosing Spondylitis for 12 years. Humira works for me. See a good Rumatologist (sp). VERY expensive, good health insurance is good. At 40 years old I was close to crippled. At 52 I can hang with the kids working most days.

alan whitehead
03-03-2011, 7:11 AM
I am glad to hear you are doing better. Prayer and Action is a good combination for good results.
When the doctor is puzzled, time to research for yourself. Doctors are excellent at their jobs, but sometimes they need help in diagnosing symptoms.
I wish you the best.
alan

Larry Edgerton
03-03-2011, 7:37 AM
Sorry that you have to deal with that and glad that you are getting better.

I have a condition that is a mystery to the doctors as well, a dull pain that started 10 years ago and has invaded one whole side of my body and skull. I have spent untold thousands on tests, with no answers. I may try your route, the internet, and see what I can dig up. Can't hurt.

Again, glad you are doing better.

Larry

Belinda Barfield
03-03-2011, 7:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the illness, Leigh, but very glad you finally have a diagnosis. I'm also very glad you are back and doing much better. I thought I was going to have to take our comedy show on the road all alone.;) Tai Chi - good for the body, good for the mind, good for the soul.

Steve Schlumpf
03-03-2011, 7:42 AM
Welcome back! I am glad you found something that is working for you! I pray you continue to improve!

Rob Cunningham
03-03-2011, 1:00 PM
Glad to hear you're feeling better and that Tai Chi is working for you.

Leigh Costello
03-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Thank you everyone.
Larry, I hope you find relief at some point. Good luck with your search.
Mike, I am not a candidate for many conventional treatments due to drug sensitivities. My drs. have tried lots of things since I was 16 (32 yrs ago and don't bother with the math, I am 48). Rather than try more drugs, I tried my own route and so far, so good.
David, there is a gal in my class that is 86 years young and she is doing great. Sturdy stock here in Missouri!
Belinda, I do have a funny from this evening that I might post later so don't leave me behind! lol
Everyone else, thanks again and I hope you all stay safe, it's a jungle out there.

Raymond Fries
03-07-2011, 9:49 PM
Leigh,

I am so happy for you. Although I do not practice it regularly, I tried Tai Chi once at a weekend get together and there is a lot of energy power there. I wanted to suggest another alternative that might interest you and work for you. Have you ever heard of Pranic Healing? Pranic Healing is another way to manipulate, focus, and channel the same energy you are using in Tai Chi; this is done by the healer. We are all connected to this web of energy in a way that we totally do not understand.

I am a certified Pranic Healer and been practicing for several years now. I have helped many people where traditional medicine has not. There is a protocol for Ankylosing Spondylitis. Maybe there is a healer in your neck of the woods.

Here is a link where Pranic Healing was profiled by CBS News: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahg6Ut1cyhA

Keep up the Tai Chi...

sunny nic
03-08-2011, 1:26 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling better and that Tai Chi is working for you.

sounds good thing.