PDA

View Full Version : Please Help the New Guy with Lasercut from Corel Draw

Chris S Martin
03-01-2011, 9:04 PM
I need help. Please take a look at this and tell me why when I go to import this into Lasercut 5.3 it will not take it. What do I need to do to engrave this car with the text. Do I need to change the car's properties like send it to trace bitmap. I did trace it as a clipart and then deleted the white curves when I ungrouped it but it did not engrave very good. Please Help. The image is a clipart off a CD184766

Chris S Martin
03-01-2011, 9:06 PM
I have Corel x5 I saved it as x13 in case someone did not have 15

Larry Bratton
03-01-2011, 9:32 PM
I don't think Lasercut will import a cdr file. You have to convert to another file type. See if this helps http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/Manuals/VectorFileChange_Corel.pdf

Chris S Martin
03-02-2011, 4:34 PM
Sorry I tried to import it into lasercut in dxf and jpeg neither one would work.

Larry Bratton
03-02-2011, 5:13 PM
Chris;
Are you talking about just the bitmap image of the car? Your bitmap appears to be in tif format and is RGB 24bit color.Edit your bitmap to 8bit greyscale or even 1 bit black and white in Photopaint, then save it and try importing it as a tif. (if a tif is not importable, save it as a bmp and see if that will work). Maybe someone who is familiar with the Lasercut software will help out here. Try importing your text (curves) as a dxf and then try the bitmap separately rather than all of it with the bitmap included. My thought is that a cdr file converted to a dxf is only going to convert the vectors and not the bitmap. Since your text is in vector format I can see how that could happen. DXF is a vector type format.

Edit: I converted to a DXF and facility is there to save the bitmap. I re-imported it back into Corel and the bitmap was included. I don't know the answer to your question if what I suggested doesn't work.

James Leonard
03-03-2011, 2:02 PM
LaserCut 5.3 wants a version 7 AI file. Try that.

-James Leonard

oscar martinez
03-03-2011, 2:44 PM
Chris when I engraved pictures. on acrilic wood or other materials I engraved the text separate do the text first ,finish your text then engraved the picture of the car . Unless some one has a diferent solution.
atte Oscar Teran

Cory Damon
03-05-2011, 1:53 AM
Chris - when you are exporting to dxf from corel, are you saving as an AutoCAD 2000 file and also saving the text as curves?

Chris S Martin
03-05-2011, 11:47 PM
I will try all the above and I will check the settings. Thanks again everyone