PDA

View Full Version : Prefinished plywood-group buy inquiry (Minneapolis)

Scott Schwake
03-01-2011, 4:53 PM
I've been wanting to use some factory prefinished plywood after watching Norm use it for his kitchen cabinent project, but it's hard to come by around here, and it's expensive.

I checked with the local Menards new megastore (Eden Prairie), and they will special order it for me. The catch is I need to order 30 sheets minimum, and I only need half a dozen at most. They would charge around $62/sheet for 3/4" maple, grade B2, Colombia UV Wood (or something like that) which is about $40 cheaper than the only other place I can find it.

Anyone interested in going in on this?

Scott

Clisby Clark
03-01-2011, 5:52 PM
Check with a cabinet shop. If they're like most around here, PF ply is all they'll use for interiors. You can get the Chi-wood a lot cheaper, but with ply, you definitely get what you pay for. I'd recommend domestic. I pay around $60 for mine.

Simon Dupay
03-01-2011, 6:03 PM
Check out my work- forest products in Maplewood, my boss might order it for you without a minimum order.

Mike Konobeck
03-01-2011, 8:41 PM
Talk to Mike at Forest as Simon mentioned. He is a great guy and ordered some for me recently. It was nice stuff. The scraps are almost like a phenolic and I have been using them in jigs.