PDA

View Full Version : Very sad day in Spring Green, WI today.

John Miliunas
01-21-2005, 10:18 PM
My apologies for a "downer" thread, but right about now, there are an awful lot of folks in desperate need of our prayers and well wishes. Yesterday evening, four River Valley HS buddies (one graduate and three current) were coming back from a movie in a nearby town. Some very light snow, a curvy road and an oncoming semi took the lives of these four young men. Alcohol or such is not believed to have contributed to the accident. The community of Spring Green is just reeling over the loss and I just can't possibly imagine the pain and grief of the immediate family, relatives and friends. But, it's still real close to home, as my eldest just recently graduated from RVHS and my youngest is to be a Freshman there next year. I know many of you have kids of HS age. Might be a good time to give them an extra hug today. My prayers go out to all the families and friends of those four young men and, I'm sure any prayers and well wishes from anyone here would be welcome and go a long way. Thanks for allowing me to share such a sad happening.

Keith Starosta
01-21-2005, 10:40 PM
John,
When I was a senior in high school ('89), two of my football buddies were killed in much the same way you described. It's a horrible thing, for sure. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who were touched by this accident. Take care.

Keith

Tim Morton
01-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Hits REAL close to home John, my daughter turns 16 in 9 weeks......something tells me life is just about to get even more stressfull. :(

Chuck Fischer
01-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey, I never frequent the off topic forum, but something lead me here tonight. I will add the families and friends of those killed in my prayers tonight.

Chuck

Randy Moore
01-22-2005, 9:01 AM
:( There was a plane crash about 2 miles from where we live. It happened yesterday about 9:30 am. I knew one of the people on board. out of the five that have been identified.

It makes you hug your spouse, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or whatever a little longer and tell them you love them.

LIF IS SHORT AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN YOUR TIME IS UP!

Jerry Olexa
01-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Things like this give you perspective on what's important in our short lives. Its fragile and can be gone in an instant!! John, Cathy and I will pray. Sorry, Buddy..

Marshall Harrison
01-22-2005, 3:01 PM
John,

Sorry to hear that tragedy has struck in your area. We'll keep those people in our prayers.

We have no promise of life beyond the now. Each second is precious and the next second it could all be over. No point dwelling on it but rather spend it with loved ones and enjoy it while we can. It's never to late to say I love you or hug someone.

Jeff Sudmeier
01-23-2005, 8:02 PM
My apologies for a "downer" thread, but right about now, there are an awful lot of folks in desperate need of our prayers and well wishes. Yesterday evening, four River Valley HS buddies (one graduate and three current) were coming back from a movie in a nearby town. Some very light snow, a curvy road and an oncoming semi took the lives of these four young men. Alcohol or such is not believed to have contributed to the accident. The community of Spring Green is just reeling over the loss and I just can't possibly imagine the pain and grief of the immediate family, relatives and friends. But, it's still real close to home, as my eldest just recently graduated from RVHS and my youngest is to be a Freshman there next year. I know many of you have kids of HS age. Might be a good time to give them an extra hug today. My prayers go out to all the families and friends of those four young men and, I'm sure any prayers and well wishes from anyone here would be welcome and go a long way. Thanks for allowing me to share such a sad happening.
John, I just heard about this today. The whole area is still reeling over the loss. Such tradgedy.... The news said that the person driving was from Texas and had only lived in WI for a year, who knows if experience on snowy roads played a part, but what a tragic loss!

John Miliunas
01-23-2005, 8:36 PM
John, I just heard about this today. The whole area is still reeling over the loss. Such tradgedy.... The news said that the person driving was from Texas and had only lived in WI for a year, who knows if experience on snowy roads played a part, but what a tragic loss!
Yes, it truly is tragic. Jill said that the four funerals were being stretched over four separate days, starting today. I think the road conditions did play in as a factor, as there had been some minimal accumulation a bit earlier in the evening. That road is a twisty piece of highway and wouldn't take much to put something sideways on it. Especially, as you say, for someone not that accustomed to those type of road conditions. Don't think I'll be able to cruise down that road anymore without giving those four souls some thought and a prayer....

Jeff Sudmeier
01-23-2005, 9:49 PM
I hear ya John! I have traveled the road many times... it wouldn't take much to get just a little over the center line!

Mark J Bachler
01-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Wisconsin roads in the winter are truly deadly. We’ve had allot of freezing rain this year instead of snow. When my daughter 1<SUP>st</SUP> got her driving license I bought her an old Chevy 4 wheel drive pick-up w/ a deer catcher on the front & 4" welded well casing bumpers. I think allot of parents make a mistake when buying their kids cars based on gas mileage rather than safety. Thought and prayers are with the friends & families.

Ted Shrader
01-24-2005, 11:49 AM
John -

Sorry top hear of the tragedy. We will certainly keep their families in our prayer as well as all of the folks in the area.

This is yet another reminder to use extreme caution when the road conditions may not be 100%.

Ted