PDA

View Full Version : Lathe controller question

Ricc Havens
03-01-2011, 1:36 PM
In my earlier post I mentioned buying a used Nova 3000 w/ variable driver controller.

Question: does anyone know anything about programming the GE driver controller model AF 300 the digital readout doesn't match the speeds on the belt pulleys?

The Controller is a GE Drive AF 300 mod#6VAF323003B-A2 and the motor is a Baldor M43554 with 1-1/2 HP

Thanks
Ricc Havens
Elkhart, IN

Jon McElwain
03-01-2011, 2:36 PM
I have not programed one of these, but I did program a Yaskawa-J1000. All I can say is that they are very complicated and unless you are an electrical engineer, you are not likely to be able to figure it out on your own, even with the manual - that is, if yours is anything like mine. I programed mine by following a very detailed set of instructions for the drive and the specific motor that it was attached to. My suggestion would be to call Nova CS and have one of their technicians walk you through it.

Trevor Howard
03-01-2011, 3:28 PM
Ricc, if you have a link to the Manual I will try and help. Most of the variety of Inverters/Drives I have programmed, you need to know the maximum real speed. I would do this by running the lathe safely at maximum RPM, using an RPM meter I would then measure actual RPM. The value I measure would get programmed into a parameter in the drive somewhere.