PDA

View Full Version : Lathe Gloat

Ricc Havens
03-01-2011, 1:31 PM
Well it's a gloat for me! A few years ago due to being downsized I sold all my woodworking/woodturning equipment. Got my tax refund and Last weekend I decided to get back into the vortex of turning and bought a used Nova 3000 lathe. Got a great deal including leeson 1-1/2hp variable drive system, 2 bed extension, a Gary Sanders light stand, extra banjo, stand, stronghold chuck, slow speed grinder and wolverine system, and a couple bowl gouges.

Still need to acquire some other turning tools i.e. skew, parting, spindle, scrapers, bandsaw, etc. So if you have some stuff for sale let me know

Watch the classifieds as I will be posting soon one of the bed extensions for sale or trade for other turning related stuff.

Thanks
Ricc Havens
Elkhart, IN

Jon Prouty
03-01-2011, 1:36 PM
congrats!!! Gotta love lathe pics.

Jon

bob svoboda
03-01-2011, 2:00 PM
Great looking lathe. Congratulations.

Russ Denz
03-01-2011, 2:24 PM
Hi Ricc,
Congrats on the new toy. I have a Nova, too, the DVR, and love it. Coincidentally, just as you're looking for tools, I'm getting rid of a bunch:
a) in preparation for our cross-country move,
b)because I bought way too many before I ever got started, and - this should come as no surprise
c) these are the duplicate and/or the tools I don't use. Many have never been used. There are so many I made a list in MS Excel and I'll send it to you in a PM, since I don't know how to post it here. Hopefully you'll find some you can use and we will both be better off. Consider it a jump-start back into the vortex!

Jon McElwain
03-01-2011, 2:26 PM
Congrats! That is a quality lathe and it sounds like you got a nice supply of accessories to go with it. You're ahead of the curve, but I'm sure it won't stop the sucking sound every time you open your wallet in Woodcrafters...

Tim Thiebaut
03-01-2011, 2:35 PM
Congrats on your new lathe, and welcome back to turning!

Steve Schlumpf
03-01-2011, 3:02 PM
Congrats on your new lathe! Looking forward to seeing some of your turnings real soon!

Mark Hubl
03-01-2011, 3:07 PM
Congrats on the lathe. That baby looks like it has everyting, even the out bound tool rest, very nice. Have fun!!

charlie knighton
03-01-2011, 3:12 PM
congratulations