PDA

View Full Version : Festool Spring Sale??

Cary Lane
03-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know if there's going to be a spring sale promotion by Festool this spring? Seems they've had fall and spring promotions in the past few years. The one in 2010 featured TS saws and accessories with 10% discounts.

Or maybe someone knows if there's a 70% off sale right around the corner ;) ?? Beyond wishful thinking, I know!

Thanks!

Paul Johnstone
03-01-2011, 12:52 PM
They just raised prices today :( I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of sale.

http://www.mcfeelys.com/info/festool-alert3.htm

Don Bullock
03-01-2011, 1:56 PM
They just raised prices today :( I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of sale.

http://www.mcfeelys.com/info/festool-alert3.htm

+1 Festool was almost too high when I bought my sander and Dust Extractor. At least two subsequent price hikes have put them out of reach.:eek::(:mad: I'm glad I bought mine when I did.

Keith Hankins
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
As others have said price hikes just went in yesterday but also keep in mind no hikes last year and with the dollar drop, I'm not surprised. Generally the only time you get a deal is when they introduce sometnhing new or they discontinue something to move the old model out i.e. the ct12 drils etc. They are still the best tools IMO.

Paul Johnstone
03-02-2011, 1:39 PM
+1 Festool was almost too high when I bought my sander and Dust Extractor. At least two subsequent price hikes have put them out of reach.:eek::(:mad: I'm glad I bought mine when I did.

Yea, that's the other way to look at it.. No doubt, Festool will raise prices again next year.
I waited a couple years to get the domino, instead of taking advantage of intro pricing.. Waiting cost me some $$.. I don't want to calculate how much, but the point is, if you think you want a Festool and the budget can afford it, it's always better to get it now than wait a few years. The prices are only going to get higher. Most prices for used Festool are close to new pricing. Sales are few and far between.

That's not a criticism of Festool, they are free to charge whatever they want to. They obviously think this is the best way to maximize their profitiablity.

Brad Shipton
03-02-2011, 3:33 PM
Someone should introduce them to the boxed set concept like DeWalt. I bought my first Festool (Dominio) and darn it anyway if the salesman didn't include a catalog. :) I should have burned the catalog immediately when I opened the box. I look at the catalog and all I can think is why can't a North American company sit down and develop similar concepts so we don't have to get things from Germany. Units sold vs. profit per piece...the NA modo seems to be units sold.

Brad

Rich Engelhardt
03-02-2011, 5:40 PM
why can't a North American company sit down and develop similar concepts so we don't have to get things from Germany. Units sold vs. profit per piece...the NA modo seems to be units sold.
W/out getting too tangled up in the TOS.....
German labor laws and practices have a lot to do with the way Festool prices their stuff.

Ruhi Arslan
03-02-2011, 5:59 PM
I should have burned the catalog immediately when I opened the box.
New catalog is out too. It's 2011/12 catalog with prices are in a separate insert so it can be changed without printing a new catalog.

My order is at the shop now but cannot pick it up till next week. :((

Brad Shipton
03-02-2011, 8:09 PM
I didn't mean throw the catalog away because of prices. That was my first Festool purchase and i have never looked through a full catalog in detail. Way too many cool well thought out tools.

As for the german laws affecting the prices, i am personally ok with that. We have become too much of a disposable society. I just wish a NA manuf would see this niche market and come out with some comparable products.

Brad