PDA

View Full Version : TV Trays

Nicholas Lingg
03-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Has anyone built a TV tray for someone confined to a wheelchair? I'm thinking maybe a "C" shape but how would you fold it? OR????

Lex Boegen
03-02-2011, 8:44 AM
How about a folding table that is wide and high enough for the wheelchair to fit underneath it?

Nicholas Lingg
03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Good Idea! Put the bracing on one side and the chair should fit under on the other. I'll have to see if the height versus width is close enought for the legs to fold.

Erik France
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
You could do a smaller wood version of this accessible drafting table (https://www.schooloutfitters.com/catalog/product_info/pfam_id/PFAM7252/products_id/PRO18342). I have an old drafting table like it. The side legs fold in against the back and the top pivots down over the legs. The pivot point for one set of legs is a little further forward off the back to allow both sets to fold flat.

Bob Hoffmann
03-02-2011, 3:40 PM
I would make the tray so that it fits on the chair alone ... without legs ...

Like having runners that sit outside of the chair arms, and then a twist fastner that will fold under the arms to hold it in place ... not sure if the chair is made that way, but around 50 years ago, my father had one like that for his wheel chair that worked well, and allowed movement without having to worry about having tray legs to worry about, and it will store a lot easier without legs to fold out of the way ...

Just another idea ...