PDA

View Full Version : What size saw is your Dubby used with?

Suzanne Launer
03-01-2011, 3:08 AM
I've got a smaller, portable Dewalt table saw.
My understanding is a Dubby won't fit on that saw...the saw's too small.

Just curious what make/model tablesaw you folks are using your Dubby's on?
Also, I'm not sure exactly how the dubby mounts, but is it possible that if I upgrade my tablesaw to a nice, big, slider, that the saw may me too big for the Dubby?

Bill ThompsonNM
03-01-2011, 7:59 AM
In Line Industries, maker of the Dubby cut off/miter sled does make special models for the small job site saws... see their web site. The sled mounts by sliding in your existing miter slots. Works well, though mine has hung on the wall since buying an Exaktor sliding table. For similar reasons, they don't fit nor are they needed with a "nice big slider", the sliding table performs the same functions (even better!)

Suzanne Launer
03-01-2011, 2:05 PM
Wow, I didn't know you could buy a sliding table, as an add-on.
I found some web pics and that looks really slick.
What do those things cost?

Bruce Wrenn
03-01-2011, 9:31 PM
I use my "Dubby" on my Delta / Rockwell contractor's saw. I've had mine for about five years now, and my only regret is not buying one sooner.

Ted Baca
03-03-2011, 1:01 AM
I use my dubby on a Sawstop but had it for years and used it on a Craftsman Contractor. I think I have had it for at least 15-16 years. It is old version with the wood fence. I keep wanting to upgrade but......it works.

Gary Hodgin
03-03-2011, 1:07 PM
I used a single-sided dubby on a ridgid contractors' saw I owned several years ago. I believe it was model 2626 or something like that. As I recall, the table was 24" on the left side of the blade and 28" or so on the right side, although I did replace the fence system with a Biesemeyer home fence and added an extension. I can't remember the size of the dubby, but here's the link to In-Line. I sold the dubby with my saw because my new saw had a sliding table on it. The dubby was better than the sliding table actually.
http://www.in-lineindustries.com/index.html