PDA

View Full Version : How High Would You Go?

Tom LaRussa
01-21-2005, 7:15 PM
My high bid of $125 just got beat on the stuff in the following pictures.

Unless somebody sees something really valuable in one of these pics I'm letting it go.

What say you?

BTW, it's less than 3 hours til the end of the auction, so answer fast or not. :D

Doug Shepard
01-21-2005, 7:19 PM
Some look in good shape but from what I can tell, most look like you're going to invest a fair amount of time getting them up to snuff. I don't think I'd have any heartburn about being overbid, but that's just me.

John Dingman
01-21-2005, 7:28 PM
At that price, I'd let that go!

John

Tom LaRussa
01-21-2005, 7:43 PM
Thanks guys, I'm letting it go.

Steve Wargo
01-21-2005, 7:49 PM
Depending on what the make of the three wide octagonal handled gouges near the left are, they may be worth that much alone. Just wanted to thro on a little heat.

Tom LaRussa
01-21-2005, 7:54 PM
Depending on what the make of the three wide octagonal handled gouges near the left are, they may be worth that much alone. Just wanted to thro on a little heat.
Holy Cow!

Really?

Jerry Crawford
01-21-2005, 11:34 PM
those are large carving sweeps and unless you do a lot of large scale carving or want to remarked them on eby it's not really worth risking that they might not show up in your box.

Wade McDonald
01-24-2005, 3:25 PM
I wasn't watching the auction, dunno what it went fer. The 3 on the left were AMTs. Who knows how well they were made for this importer of mostly cheap Asian tools. If anyone has used some extensively, it would be interesting to hear from them. These do show up and usually get more than I'd think they were worth, over 20, maybe 30 each.

The spoon gouges on the right were what I'd call the wheat because they were probably made by a real maker with quality steel and had nice handles; sell for about $25-30 each on the bay. Saw some craftsman "paint opener" chisels; have one and it is WAY too soft to take any edge, I'd guess hardness in the 40s.

Unfortunately, at this point its all chaff to me since I am totally overstocked.
Wade