PDA

View Full Version : Check out the size of this bad boy!

Shawn Swafford
01-21-2005, 6:40 PM
This chisel can be summed up in one word. Massive! It is a MHG 1/4 inch mortise chisel. I had no idea they were this large :eek: . Nice tool though. It looked really large next to the 1/8 inch Two Cherries bench chisel that was in the same order.

Tom LaRussa
01-21-2005, 7:42 PM
This chisel can be summed up in one word. Massive! It is a MHG 1/4 inch mortise chisel. I had no idea they were this large :eek: . Nice tool though. It looked really large next to the 1/8 inch Two Cherries bench chisel that was in the same order.
Shawn,

That's a big handle, but you sorta cut the chisel out of the picture. Or did the handle just block out all the light? :D

Shawn Swafford
01-21-2005, 8:54 PM
Here you go, Tom. The chisel beside it is the 1/8 inch Two Cherries chisel. For once I feel like I got a lot of tool for my money....poundage wise anyway :D .

Dan Moening
01-22-2005, 10:52 AM
MHG is Hartville tools store brand, right?

All I know about these is that they are made in Germany of Vandium/Chromium (sp).

I've seen them advertised and the price is certainly more than competitive.

Go bash out a 100 mortises and let us know how it performs :D

Nice gloat.

Tom LaRussa
01-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Here you go, Tom. The chisel beside it is the 1/8 inch Two Cherries chisel. For once I feel like I got a lot of tool for my money....poundage wise anyway :D .
Holy Cow!:eek:

The one-incher must need a dolley to move around the shop! :D

Shawn Swafford
01-22-2005, 3:03 PM
Dan, that's where I got it was Hartville Tool. The price was pretty good at $28.99. Tom, they only go to 5/8 inch. Shipping costs were probably prohibitive to go any larger :D .

Shawn