PDA

View Full Version : Need to operate laser with door open

Tracey Bakewell
02-28-2011, 2:28 PM
I need to operate my laser with the front door open. I've heard I can over-ride using magnets. Do they need to be some kind of super-duper magnet? I've got a couple business card type magnets, they're not doing the trick. What other spots do I need to check?

Thanks!
Tracey

Gary Hair
02-28-2011, 2:32 PM
Tracey,
They don't need to be anything very powerful but business card magents are nowhere near powerful enough. If all else fails, remove the magnets from the door and use them. That's what I did with my Explorer, I actually removed them and taped them in place because I have the door open a lot. I wouldn't recommend doing that with the "lid" magnets though, I often will use the lid to control starting and stopping of the laser.

Gary

Tracey Bakewell
02-28-2011, 2:36 PM
Ah! I thought that may be the cause, but is that it then? No other tricky switch :) Thanks!!!

Mike Mackenzie
02-28-2011, 2:47 PM
Tracy,

Just use badge magnets turn on the system and then close the top door then open the front door and place the badge magnets over the sensors in the can move them up and down until you get a solid green light on the display panel. Flashing red means they are not closed.

Mike Null
02-28-2011, 3:47 PM
That's what I do.

Russell Ludwick
02-28-2011, 10:47 PM
They should be standard hall sensors. The sensors seem to have a sweet spot and you have to move them around to the right spot. It's not always easy because the sensor magnet often wants to attract it, and it is no longer in the sweet spot.

Tracey Bakewell
03-01-2011, 2:58 PM
YAY! Thanks everybody! It worked... I couldn't find any magnets in my panic so I unscrewed the magnets off the front door and taped those on. Worked like a charm! Thanks again!!!