PDA

View Full Version : Canister Filters for DC - Penn State / Wynn Enviromental

Doug Colombo
02-28-2011, 9:00 AM
I just bought a Delta 50-850 DC (from my brother in law who just upgraded to a Oneida) and was looking to upgrade the filter to a canister type filter. What are your thoughts / experiences with the Wynn Environmental and / or Penn State filters ? I have a older Penn State DC (750 cfm) that has worked very well but I have no experience with their canister filters. I have never purchased anything from Wynn. Both specs seem to fit the bill but have no idea if one is more durable than the other. Thanks :)

David Hostetler
02-28-2011, 9:55 AM
Penn State is pretty new to the aftermarket upgrade filter game, Wynn has been around a long time and earned a good reputation for their products and service... Fittment support will be far easier to get from Wynn. And the Wynn filters cost a little over 1/2 of what the PSI ones do. The only advantage I can see to the PSI is the integrated cleaning beater gizmo. A quick tap down, or better yet, blow down from the outside with compressed air keeps my Wynn nice and clean...

Unless having the beater on there is important to you, I would go with Wynn. But that is just me...

Paul Stoops
02-28-2011, 10:12 AM
In my previous shop, I had a pair of Wynn cartridge filters on my Clearvue cyclone. They performed well. In my present shop, I have a pair of Wynn nano filters, which have better filtering capability and also perform well.

The Wynn Environmental customer service is excellent. They are very responsive to email or phone inquiries. They were also prompt in replacing one of my new filters that had been damaged in shipping. I would highly recommend them. Good folks to deal with.

Matt Kestenbaum
02-28-2011, 6:05 PM
I love the wynn 35A kit I bought almost 2 years ago for a retrofit on only PM single stage dc. He is mighty helpful too!

Stew Hagerty
03-01-2011, 5:11 PM
I've gotten some items from Penn State and they seem good to work with, but when it comes to filters - Wynn is the place. Filters are what they do, and they have all the knowledge you could ask for. Also, how many places do you call up where the founder of the company answers the phone and chats with you for a while while he walks back into the office from the warehouse. You just know you're going to get great service.

Doug Colombo
03-01-2011, 8:38 PM
Thanks for all the information. It is always good to hear that an owner is that involved in the day to day operations of the business, that they have a solid product, and that so many people have had great experences in dealing with them. I will be getting the dust collector next week and will be placing my order with Wynn !