PDA

View Full Version : unofficial playoff pool pt2

Tim Morton
01-21-2005, 1:16 PM
OK...this week points are out the window...you get this far and it should all be "even"

pats playing IN Pittsburgh Sunday at 6:30
falcons playing IN philly Sunday at 3:00

I'm going against both Home teams and taking atlanta and the pats :cool:

This time the tie breaker is the who comes closest to the Steelers total points without going OVER.(How many points with pittsburgh score on the pats D?) pats points do not count!!!

I say 16

Kurt Aebi
01-21-2005, 2:58 PM
Okay, I'll play - Tom.

Steelers for the AFC Game.

Eagles for the NFC Game.

The Steelers will score 27 Pts against the Pat's "D" :eek:

At any rate, I don't see either of the games being as boring as the Falcons game was last weekend.

Tim Morton
01-21-2005, 4:25 PM
See how "easy" that was?

Course you should not be drinking when you make your picks...27 points????he-he....like taking candy from a baby :D

Chris Padilla
01-21-2005, 7:41 PM
I'll go with the all-PA Super Bowl and 20 points of offense from the steel city....

Joe Mioux
01-21-2005, 9:10 PM
Pats and Eagles in XXXIX

Steelers 21

Ken Salisbury
01-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Pats and Falcons 13 points

Jerry Olexa
01-22-2005, 11:07 AM
PG and Phila 27pts (I'm having trouble figuring out if the real Steelers will show up.) At last minute, while writing this I reversed (in spite of my respect for Belichek)and decided to go with the "underdog" Steelers and think they will get back in form. and win. I ,like everyone, was impresssed w last weeks games (+ for NE, --for Steelers) and was picking NE all week. But STEELERS are at home, they've already beat Pats this year and have best record in league. Tim, you're probably upset w me but you can't have it all (RedSox great victory etc), Let the games begin! PS I will eat crow and publicly admit my ineptness if NE wins and Hail the winning coach:D

Jerry Olexa
01-22-2005, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=Jerry Olexa]PG and Phila 27pts (

Sorry Tim 27 is taken. I'll go steelers and 24.. Toss the coin..

Tim Morton
01-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Game 1 we have Ken and I taking the Falcons, with Jerry Joe Chris and Kurt taking the "favored" Eagles.

Game 2 we have an even split, Joe Ken and I taking the "underdog" pats :D , and chris, Kurt and "jerry" (no comment!) siding with the "favored" and "unbeatable" ""rough and tumble" "dominating" "super bowl bowl bound", "led by the greatest QB ever to wear an NFL uniform" Steelers(did I miss one?)......

Lets play some football!!!!!!

Go pats!!!!!

PS..Jerry you have until kick-off of the game to come back to the "good"side.... After that the bandwagon is "full"!!! :cool:

Jerry Olexa
01-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey Tim The Pats are "officially" favored even tho game is in PG, better record, etc This is a tribute to a great team w great coaching. Out here, ALL my friends (not many) are picking the Pats. I'm the lone wolf! I may be eating humble pie...:D Should be ,I hope ,a great game. Bring the snowplow...:)

Dave Avery
01-23-2005, 2:08 PM
Pats and Eagles, 14 points

Tim Morton
01-23-2005, 5:56 PM
we got someone sneaking in at the last minute....and he has the first one right...eagles look like they will beat the hapless falcons. I guess i should have actually watched one of thier games before picking them based on the hype...falcons were pathetic....someone let vick know he has teamates..K?

anyway I am eliminated from the pool by Joe and dave picking the eagles and pats....dave has the losing steelers scoring 14 and joe has the losing steelers scoring...21
My guess is dave will be the winner of the pool....good luck!!

Go pats!!!!! :D

Tim Morton
01-23-2005, 9:51 PM
:D :D :D :D

Glenn Clabo
01-23-2005, 9:58 PM
All PA Superbowl???
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2005/01/23/1106530580_1233.jpg

Jerry Olexa
01-23-2005, 11:58 PM
All PA Superbowl???
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2005/01/23/1106530580_1233.jpg Is that the equipment mgr or? He may not be well dressed but he is a GREAT Coach!! Congratulations, Tim! Big victory for Pats (in spite of all those [gifts]turnovers by Steelers :D ). I know u were surprised at my picking Steelers. I have a son in law who is a HUGE steeler fan and he's been patient for many years. I did come pretty close on the pt total. Nobody expected such an high scoring game. That was the Super Bowl and the Pats will probably repeat w no superstars (altho Brady's passing was excellent)but great team and great coach. Humbly yours,

Tim Morton
01-24-2005, 7:28 AM
Joe Mioux's Pick:

Pats and Eagles in XXXIX

Steelers 21

Ding Ding Ding....we have a winner!! Congratulations !!

Tim Morton
01-24-2005, 7:34 AM
Great game, the team played it perfect!!!!! Stopping them on 4th and one and recovering the fumble after having the interception the previous set of downs was huge. But the 3rd quarter had me pacing around the house a bit, I didn't want it to get to a one score game. We made only one mistake last week in a "motion" penealty and I didn't see any mistakes this week....(brady made some GREAT throws, even though we never heard that from the announcers)if we continue that trend in two weeks our group of non-stars should do OK. Who you picking Jerry? ;)

Jerry Olexa
01-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Great game, the team played it perfect!!!!! Stopping them on 4th and one and recovering the fumble after having the interception the previous set of downs was huge. But the 3rd quarter had me pacing around the house a bit, I didn't want it to get to a one score game. We made only one mistake last week in a "motion" penealty and I didn't see any mistakes this week....(brady made some GREAT throws, even though we never heard that from the announcers)if we continue that trend in two weeks our group of non-stars should do OK. Who you picking Jerry? ;)
Tim it was a great game. Pats played almost perfect. Again, outstanding coaching! Steelers killed themself w the 3 early turnovers which all lead to scores. Steeler QB was shaky in 1st half (rookie year) but he and team came back and played well in 3rd qtr inspite of another mistake leading to another score. Brady was magnificent (his passing perfect), When I say they have no stars (and Brady is one) I mean that as a compliment and that they are a TEAM playing together within Belechek's system. He is a great coach, prob the best of our time but I wouldn't put him in same class as Lombardi. Tim, I used to live in Shrewsbury, Mass as well as N. Andover when I worked in Boston so I have New England ties. You know I'm a RedSox fan and have always been a big Celtic fan but I miss the days of Bird, McHale and Parrish,etc. After Pats easily beat Indpls, I figured they will go all the way. They will be expected to win the Super Bowl (including me) but I will prob pick Eagles in your next pool to be different. Congrats on great victory! Don't gloat too openly. :D
PS I agree that wasn't the greatest announcing team. Jim Nantz is better @ golf. They made several bad calls and didn't give defense enough recognition.

Kurt Aebi
01-24-2005, 3:51 PM
Tim,

The Eagles just out-manned the poor one-dimensional Falcons! But, they better bring their "AA" game - not gonna be good enough to just have an "A" game! Remember how Pittsburgh shut them down - NE will do the same. Defense Wins Championships!

Just like the first meeting, it came down to playing Mistake Free football and capitalizing on the mistakes that the other team made. And Man, did Brady take Polamalu to school! That kid's gonna be a great one, but not quite yet! The same can be said for Big Ben - gonna be greatm but not quite yet.

But at least I do get to say I had Pittsburgh's score right - it just wasn't enough!

Now, since I have been transplanted to Vermont - I gotts ta say!

Let's Go Pat's

Tim Morton
01-24-2005, 4:38 PM
But at least I do get to say I had Pittsburgh's score right - it just wasn't enough!

Yes you did get it right, and I was laughing at that when you posted it...no WAY did I think Pitt would put up 27 points against the pats D. But I also never thought the pats would put up 40+ against the steelers. The pats have 2 weeks to figure out the Eagles, I have not watched them much so I don't know what they are all about, I just hope its a nice boring uneventful SB win like last year. :D

Got to be careful though, I understand half the SMC membership either lives or went to college in PA...and I have seen Jim becker fly the eagles logo in signature...i'm WAY to superstitious to add the pats to mine...can't even buy or wear any pats clothing...wore my last years super bowl shirt during the first Steelers game, and was wearing a pats sweatshirt during the "bears" SB and we were down by 30 at the half.

Go pats!!

Chris Padilla
01-24-2005, 8:10 PM
I normally always go for the AFC but I want the Broncos to maintain their status as the "last team to win back-to-back" Super Bowls. The Elway/Davis Bronco teams are about all I have left to hold onto as the current teams have been disappointments thus far....

However, the Pats are so strong and so disciplined and experienced and well-coached. I just don't see how the Eagles can overcome them but I hope they can! :)