PDA

View Full Version : Picture Frame Suppliers...

Linda Kroeker
02-27-2011, 8:46 PM
Hello,

I may have an order for 400 picture frames for a prom...needs to be very inexspensive...probable wood. Would anyone have a supplier they could
recommend?

Thanks,
Linda

Don Williams Michigan
02-27-2011, 9:04 PM
Linda,

JDS is the supplier I use most frequently.

Tom Sieczkarek
02-27-2011, 9:25 PM
Hi Linda,
JDS very reliable and a quick shipper.
Very friendly customer service and if there are any issues they always take care of them.
They also have the templates on their website BUT make sure you check them.

Linda Kroeker
02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Thank you Don & Tom...I do use JDS love them...there wood and metal frames are a bit more than they want to pay...400pcs.
I was thinking I could get very cheap acylic frames from Plexi Fab which would be more in the kids budget...would you know if that kind of acylic lasers good?

Linda

Martin Boekers
02-28-2011, 8:06 AM
I would check with a "Dollar" store and order direct if you have the time. If not stop by a local one and talk with the manager they may able to do that.

Mike Null
02-28-2011, 8:32 AM
Or check with Michael's. I'm sure they would cut you a deal.

Joe Kace
02-28-2011, 9:47 AM
Micheal's is having a 40% - 60% off sale on frames. My wife bought 5 frames cheap. They also have nice wooden shadow boxes 5 3/4 x 7 3/4 for $5, I bought 5 of them.

Joe

Josh Richard
02-28-2011, 9:57 AM
I have used decor-frame dot com with great success. The company cuts the frame sides and ships them to you unassembled with everything you need to put them together. Each frame took about 3 min to assemble.

I found they had GREAT service and very quick turn-around.

If you are looking for wood, this place is not for you! They only sell metal frames

Jeff Belany
02-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Take a look at frameusaDOTcom Check their Woods Frames, economy frames. You can order with glass and backs or just frames only. Lots of stock sizes and any custom sizes. Pretty good service to.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Linda Kroeker
02-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Thank you everyone...I will check them out! Also I did talk to dollar tree about ordering 400 flute glasses, maybe I will check there wood frames out!

Linda

Ruben Salcedo
02-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Linda,
here is another option (http://www.gwiframes.com/store.php?crn=104&action=show&show_products_mode=cat_click), I think they have some affordable prices, you can browse their web site or you can call them and ask them about what you need, you know... type of frame and price range, also I know you can negociate a better price base in the quantity that you need, I know they will work with you, they are nice people to work with, I hope this helps.

Ruben

Mike Null
02-28-2011, 3:36 PM
Ruben

Great site! Good price on alder albums too.

Mike Lassiter
02-28-2011, 3:59 PM
We purchased some fairly nice looking wood picture frames from our locate Walmart store yesterday. We got 4x6 for $3 and 8x10 for $4 each. I am trying my hand at engraving the back of the glass painted black. I wasn't pleased with a couple and thought rather than buy new frames I would try Hobby Lobby for replacement glasses. This morning I drove to Hobby Lobby to find no 4x6 glass but 8x10 glass available for $4.99 each. I can buy the complete frame from Walmart for less. I will add they don't stock as huge of variety as Hobby lobby does. I checked online to find the glass much cheaper as several different places. I looked at frames while I was there, and althought today they have 50% them, the cheapest I saw was $11.99 for 8x10 size; so even getting %50 discount Walmart was much cheaper.

You might be able to get your local Walmart to order them for you. We have ask ours to order night lights previously and they did, but it took about a month to see them.

Jeff Belany
03-01-2011, 10:43 AM
One caution about frames from WalMart. I bought some black frames (8x10 & 8 1/2x11) for around $3-4 each. They looked real nice but after sitting in the shop, especially if they saw any sunlight, the black swelled up and 'melted' Turned out not to be paint but seems to be a thin plastic that I assume was vac-formed over a MDF/particle board core. I only sold a couple but wish I could get them back.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin