PDA

View Full Version : Good Karma !!!

Lee Koepke
02-27-2011, 8:34 PM
OK ... so in the Barnwood Gloat thread, I mentioned how I'd LOVE to get ahold of something like that .... low and behold, I get an email and follow up phone call from a guy thats tearing down a 1890s house not even 1/2 mile from my office.

Its loaded with old heart pine .. 4x4s, 2x4s, paneling, siding..... he'd taken alot down and the guy he used to give it to is nowhere to be found ... so its MY turn !!!!

My LOML is gonna have to deal with another stockpile of stuff in our yard, i will NOT pass this opportunity up !!!!

Steve Schlumpf
02-27-2011, 8:41 PM
Wow - that is some welcomed excellent news! Post some photos when you get the wood!

Donny Lawson
02-27-2011, 8:41 PM
It sounds like good karma to me. Don't forget the pictures.

David E Keller
02-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Congrats! You seem to have left off the part of your post where you mention your intentions to share this new found wealth with your Creeker brothers and sisters.

Rick Markham
02-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Lee, when SWAMBO gets irate that the pile of wood has gotten larger, just send some of it our way!:D

Bernie Weishapl
02-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Congrats. That should be a nice haul of some nice wood.

Lee Koepke
02-28-2011, 8:04 AM
Congrats! You seem to have left off the part of your post where you mention your intentions to share this new found wealth with your Creeker brothers and sisters.
well, it depends!

My hopes are I can get 300-400 sqft of useable material for hardwood flooring in my house. There is also a strong request for a new kitchen Island, so some of the larger wood would be useful there. And a coffee table .. those are three of the 'first thoughts'. I will spend a bit of time figuring out how I can bring the lathe into the equation ... thats gonna be REAL hard with the flooring option...HAHA

John Keeton
02-28-2011, 8:15 AM
Lee, I can see some beautiful table legs turned for that coffee table, so see, you will get some lathe use from that heartpine.;) It can be some beautiful stuff - particularly the really old growth stuff. Congrats!!

bob svoboda
02-28-2011, 9:50 AM
All Right! Sounds like you scored big!