PDA

View Full Version : Glued up banding is just like a piece of jelly toast.....

Bill Huber
02-27-2011, 8:12 PM
I had 9 pieces of 1/4"x3/4" by 12" to 35"edge banding to glue up. Not a big deal at all, put the glue on and clamp them up.

Got 3 glued up and installed and then on the next one, got all the glue on and then dropped it on the floor, jelly,,,, I mean glue side down. You know there is always saw dust on the floor. After cleaning off all the glue and saw dust I then reglue it.

Got one more to do, got the glue on and then, you know it, i dropped it on the floor and it hit glue side down again.

So I guess the out come of this test is that a piece of edge banding with glue on it is just like a piece of toast with jelly on it, it will always land glue/jelly side down.

This test was done to help others that may be gluing up edge banding.

Jon McElwain
02-27-2011, 8:45 PM
Funny how that works. I appreciate your research!

mickey cassiba
02-27-2011, 9:01 PM
Toast always lands jelly side down...cats always land on their feet. So, if you tape a piece of toast to a cat, does it hover or spin?

Larry Fox
02-27-2011, 9:06 PM
Interesting observations. I can add my own in the hopes of getting a sample size suffeciently large as to be statistically relevant. Most nights before I go to bed I have a "Light N Fit" yogart. About 50% of the time I drop the foil cover that comes off on the way to the trash can. 100% of the time it lands with the yogart side down and sticks to the floor resulting in a cleaning job for me. :)