PDA

View Full Version : Windoze 7, 64 bit and ULS, Corel Draw x4

David Dustin
02-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Greetings,
It been a while since we posted here (but this is still the ultimate source for engraving knowledge).
We need to update the computer we use to run our Universal PLS.
Are there any issues using Windoze 7 64 bit with any either the ULS driver or Corel X4?

Should we just stick with a 32 bit OS?
Thanks in advance for any help.

David

Peter Odell
02-27-2011, 1:40 PM
I use Windows 7 64 bit all the time with Corel

Mike Lassiter
02-27-2011, 6:38 PM
We had to also replace a computer before Christmas. ULS has updated driver for Windows 7 32/64 bit now. I use Corel X4 and have had no problems as yet with the two working together. Some time Corel hangs up loading for some reason. It has to be ran in compatibility mode (so Windows 7 says) but that didn't solve the problem with the program loading. It stop responding. I end it in the task manager and reopen and normally it works afterwards. This doesn't happen EVERY time, so it's hard to figure out the cause. Once the program loads it seems to be ok from then on.

Zvi Grinberg
03-04-2011, 2:59 AM
David
Just make sure to have the latest UCP drivers.
It should be version 5.28.52.2

Tim Bateson
03-05-2011, 10:25 PM
The only annoying issue I have is in Win7 you can no longer see the .cdr in Windows Explorer File window. Although I hated 99% of Vista, it was nice to see a visual of all my .cdr files.

Joe De Medeiros
03-06-2011, 12:23 PM
The only annoying issue I have is in Win7 you can no longer see the .cdr in Windows Explorer File window. Although I hated 99% of Vista, it was nice to see a visual of all my .cdr files.

Tim, you can turn this on by going to control panel-> Folder Option->View then un-check Hide extensions for know file types

Tim Bateson
03-06-2011, 1:04 PM
It's not the extension (.cdr) I'm referring to. In Vista & Corel X4 you could see an icon (mini view) of each of my Corel files with Windows Explorer. With Win7 these files are now just white & un-viewable, except with special programs or through Corel.

Mike Null
03-06-2011, 4:39 PM
I have xp pro and x5 and I can see the corel thumbnails in win explorer.

Lee DeRaud
03-06-2011, 11:55 PM
In Vista & Corel X4 you could see an icon (mini view) of each of my Corel files with Windows Explorer. With Win7 these files are now just white & un-viewable, except with special programs or through Corel.Hmmm...I've got X4 and Win7/64, and the icon view in Explorer shows the contents of the file just as it did in Vista (except a lot faster).
It was a clean install of W7 (because it was going from 32-bit to 64-bit), so nothing got held over from Vista and nothing special got installed.