PDA

View Full Version : Murder by table saw

Lynn Sonier
01-21-2005, 9:15 AM
Didja see on "C. S. I." last night that a guy was killed by falling across his table saw which slashed his neck? They were thinking it was murder but I didn't catch the end.

Carl Eyman
01-21-2005, 9:46 AM
I knew I oriented it that way for a purpose, Lynn. You can't sneak up behind me. Another reason for Saw Stop

Dan Gill
01-21-2005, 9:52 AM
I knew I oriented it that way for a purpose, Lynn. You can't sneak up behind me. Another reason for Saw Stop

That's the downside of my garage/shop. My wife pulled up behind me one day while I was at the saw with earmuffs on and honked her horn! It scared the life out of me, but I didn't actually wet my pants or slice off any fingers. I took several deep breaths and calmed down a little before telling her that if she didn't want to re-attach my hand, she should never, ever do that. My daughter also came up behind me and scared me once. She got the same lecture, and it hasn't happened since.

Scott Coffelt
01-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I saw that too last night, but was interupted by the family and missed that part of the ending, but I did gather he was murdered by someone (I think his wife paid it off).

Donnie Raines
01-21-2005, 10:23 AM
There was an episode of Law and Order where a guy was killed with a cordless circluar saw...looked like a Porter Cable. They made a plunge cut on his back......

Mark J Bachler
01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Wasn’t it one of the lethal weapon movies where Danny Glover killed one of the bad guys with a framing nailer?

James Carmichael
01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
I saw that too last night, but was interupted by the family and missed that part of the ending, but I did gather he was murdered by someone (I think his wife paid it off).

Of course his wife did it, she had probably had just opened the Visa statement and seen all purchases from Lee Valley, WWS, Rockler, et al.

Mark J Bachler
01-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Wasn’t it one of the lethal weapon movies where Danny Glover killed one of the bad guys with a framing nailer?

or how about this guy

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050116/ap_on_re_us/nail_gun_accident

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3842331/?GT1=6065

Keith Christopher
01-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Watch it folks or soon the patriot act will require us to have licenses for all our dangerous weap..er power tools. LOL !

scott spencer
01-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Did anyone happen to notice that his blade must have been spinning backward to paint that rear wall with blood like that? It was a jobsite saw with no rear opening, and most table saws spin forward don't they? (LOL!) The effect was much more dramatic with the wall splattered!

In the future evil doers are gonna get foiled by the Saw Stop.

Tim Morton
01-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm glad you posted this, because I had the TV on in the other room, and I thought I heard them say..."No if he was killed by a table saw it would have been much messier"...or something to that effect, and i thought I was hearing things. :cool:

Dan Gill
01-21-2005, 11:44 AM

Yep. And I remember sitting in the theater saying in my mind, "Nailed him, nailed him." But Glover actually said, "Nailed them both." It was one of those lines that just HAD to be said.

Tyler Howell
01-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Good Show, I was busy getting ready for my SWAP party this weekend:rolleyes: . But that stuff "Is Not Going in the Dishwasher":D :D

Kurt Aebi
01-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Ty, O'l Buddy, I don't think your SWAP party is gonna be swapping the stuff they were on that show ( But then again it's pretty darn cold up there right now - you may need some warming up :rolleyes: ) :o Also, Ty - be careful around the BBQ implements too!

But really, if the back of the was is open like many contractor saws are, the blood splatter from a spinning blade was consistent with what was shown.

The guy that had the out-dated video game center killed the landlord by accident by pushing him down on the table saw. (A properly installed guard - which was not there - would have prevented the death, but was never mentioned). The girlfriend was caught by the wife of the landlord while trying to "pay" the landlord and the wife bashed her head with a ball-bat and stuffed her inside the Ms. PacMan video game. I like the way they always have 2 or 3 story lines going on all the time.

Michael Gabbay
01-21-2005, 3:51 PM
How about Fargo? Death by wood chipper.....:eek:

Tyler Howell
01-21-2005, 4:00 PM
How about Fargo? Death by wood chipper.....:eek:Actually a buddy and I thought about going in together a few years back when were dealing with Xs.

Maurice Ungaro
01-21-2005, 4:02 PM
How about Fargo? Death by wood chipper.....:eek:Actually it was dismemberment by woodchiiper. The person was already offed.

Maurice

Rob Russell
01-21-2005, 4:14 PM
The woodchipper thing was for real - there was a murder in CT years ago where the husband killed his wife and fed the parts through a chipper/shredder. I took some good-natured grief from the wife and relatives when I bought our chipper/shredder years ago - things like "are your dental impressions up to date", etc.

James Carmichael
01-21-2005, 5:27 PM
Actually a buddy and I thought about going in together a few years back when we dealing with Xs.

LMAO, I can relate Tyler!

So, did the CSI sleuths figure out if it was a rip, or a crosscut that did him in???

Sorry, couldn't resist! My retired parents absolutely love that show, but having some experience with law enforcement and forensic science, I watched 1 episode (this was before my son was born, when I had time to watch non-children's programming) and nearly tossed my waffle.

Jason Roehl
01-22-2005, 9:09 AM
The woodchipper thing was for real - there was a murder in CT years ago where the husband killed his wife and fed the parts through a chipper/shredder. I took some good-natured grief from the wife and relatives when I bought our chipper/shredder years ago - things like "are your dental impressions up to date", etc.

That was real here, too. A guy from my town (~1400 pop.) was feeding a large chipper (tree-service size) and got snagged by a branch, they think. They couldn't even find his car keys--the chipper didn't even slow down.

Jeff Sudmeier
01-23-2005, 8:49 PM
That's the downside of my garage/shop. My wife pulled up behind me one day while I was at the saw with earmuffs on and honked her horn! It scared the life out of me, but I didn't actually wet my pants or slice off any fingers. I took several deep breaths and calmed down a little before telling her that if she didn't want to re-attach my hand, she should never, ever do that. My daughter also came up behind me and scared me once. She got the same lecture, and it hasn't happened since.
Dan,

My LOML did that as well to me! Not honking but came up behind me and said hello. I did the same as you... calmed down and then explained that I could serioiusly hurt myself. There are no times I am working on the saws that they are running for much more than a minute, so now she waits.