PDA

View Full Version : review: Using Rowmark Plastics CD from Laserbits

stefano panusa
02-27-2011, 1:20 AM
Just thought I'd try and contribute something before asking another dozen questions :)

First off, I have nothing to do with Laserbits other than being a satisfied customer.

On my last order, I added Using Rowmark Plastics CD to my shopping cart on a whim. Obviously more experienced users wouldn't need it.

Unfortunately it's not worth the price.

This first thing that really irked me, was that it requires an internet browser to display all the info. Probably some don't mind this, personally I can't stand it. Anyway..

Here's what it comes with.

8 "projects" each of which comes with:

2 pdf files - 1 page each. Contains no instructions but more of a detail sheet of the material used. ie how thick flexibrass is. The other pdf is supposed to have helpful hints - but only pushes buying the Laserbits multimat along with some generic tips.

1 jpg image of the final product

1 cdr file of the finished product (very simple and not worth using)

Then there are Project Ideas. These are blatantly taken from LaserU and used to promote such. 3 videos, although well-done, are basically jumping into the middle-to-end of a project and then sending to your laser. Very effective in selling the benefits of LaserU - nothing at all to do with Rowmark (other than they mention the material they used)

Overall, I would have been way happier had they just included it for free with my order. But as for purchasing, I'd pass.

I'd also like to mention that the other products I have purchased from them have exceeded my expectations and I will order from them again. It's just this particular CD is a waste of money, imho.

Mike Fruciano
03-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi Stefano,
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, that training CD is very basic. No problem for us to credit you for the CD the next time you call in.

Feel free to email or call me if you have any questions about our products or laser engraving in general.

Mike Fruciano
LaserBits

Mike Null
03-08-2011, 12:18 PM
That's a fair enough offer.

Welcome to SMC, Mike.