PDA

View Full Version : Somerset NJ Show: Picked up a Jet 1000 Air Cleaner

Ruhi Arslan
02-26-2011, 8:17 PM
I went to the show today with no intention to get anything but I guess it doesn't work that way. :p Picked up a Jet 1000 air cleaner w/remote from $280. It seems like I am going to install it right over the Jet canister DC, facing inward towards the shop. I'll experiment with the location probably. It will still be a temporary since I have not moved my shop to the final location (work in progress - once I figure out my electric panel trivia :D ).

Impressions from the show: Arrived at the Center at 11am. Parking was pain in the neck, rather not being able to find a place to park. After parking on the fire lane, proceeded to the gate and purchased the ticket which was by default validated for the entire weekend and received a pass for my wife too (I had a printed "coupon" from the show's website). I was too late to turn in a saw blade to be sharpened. I spent a quite a bit time looking at the "exotic" wood before moving on. It is not what I thought it would be. I've noticed that there were quite a bit wood turning related vendors and displays. The lectures were boring and not easy to follow - too much background noise and pretty crappy sound systems that they were using. There were quite a bit reduced priced items but not enough to make me think I've got to have it. Ordered few band saw blades with free shipping. My wife thought the seminar about the finishing was peppered with less than accurate claims and statements (she is the dye/pigment/light/aging etc scientist so I trust her knowledge in the subject matter). Hammer machines are sexy! J/P combo looked pretty interesting. ;) It was a fun day out. I would go again just because it is only half an hour to me and not expensive to get in.

Jim Mattheiss
02-26-2011, 9:54 PM
Ruhi - Thanks for the reminder. It was on the calendar but there was some family drama today so we forgot.

I might have to make a run tomorrow.

Cheers

Jim

Jon McElwain
02-26-2011, 10:56 PM
It was on the calendar but there was some family drama today so we forgot.

Hey thanks a lot. Here I am trying to forget the in-law drama today and you go and remind me about it. Oh well, at least I got a laugh out of it! :D

Ruhi - you'll like that cleaner. I got one for my Dad last fall and he seems to really like it pulling all the dust out of the air instead of letting it settle on everything. Breaths easier now too!

abram godshall
02-28-2011, 6:07 PM
I agree; the background noise made it impossible to hear the lecturers. I was very disappointed in what the vendors inventoried. Went with a shopping list of 10 items and found one only. Crowds were too large; vendors were understafffed to answer any questions... Just there to sell product. Did run into a great vendor though..... Well not really a vendor in the normal sense. They bought and sold antique/vintage tools. Very nice people, helpful and willing to convey their knowledge. Unfortunately they took cash only. Oh well maybe next year. They had some planes, marking guages that interested me.