PDA

View Full Version : What software would I use to clean-up this tag?

Phil Thien
02-25-2011, 11:28 AM
A client's husband is restoring a SB lathe and he sent me this scan to resize and print in color on a color laser printer. I can handle that, but I'm wondering if there would be some software or easy way to make this look a little better?

Keith Outten
02-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Phil,

You can use Corel Draw or any one of several other graphic editing programs to clean up the picture before you print it. Someone experienced with Adobe can do some amazing stuff.

There are several ways to use Dye-Sublimation to make another label should you conaiser that route. Dye-Sub quarter inch Corian would be my preference for a metal lathe.

Scott Shepherd
02-25-2011, 2:48 PM
Color laser transfer and you'd have it on metal and have it look pretty close to the same, I'm guessing.

Dan Hintz
02-25-2011, 5:18 PM
Phil,

If you have a high-res scan, you could use the tools in CorelDRAW to replace ranges of color with one color and clean it up really quickly. For example, replace all colors within 20 spaces of the yellow with the actual yellow color you desire. Do that with all three colors (red, yellow, and black), and you'll have that thing cleaned up in no time.

Phil Thien
02-25-2011, 9:24 PM
Thanks guys. I haven't used Corel Draw in quite a while, but I do know someone that has a copy. I'll go over there and see if I can clean it up for him.

So this color laser transfer, is there someone here that can do that (for a fee, of course)?

Mike Null
02-26-2011, 6:21 AM
Phil

Since I am soon going to use the plans for your invention it's only fair that I do this for you. You just need to supply the artwork. I'm thinking that this should be done on white sublimation metal for best color result.

Send me a PM.

Gary Hair
02-28-2011, 2:35 PM
I wouldn't even try to retouch the color, I'd just redraw the plate from scratch. I would use engravers brass and sublimate the black and red onto it, I think it would look really sharp!

Gary

Mike Null
02-28-2011, 3:31 PM
Gary

I agree that it would look good but he's doing a restoration and wants the original look.

raul segura
03-24-2011, 1:19 AM
With Photo impact pro. you should be able to clean it up and still be original. If you e-mail it to me Ill freshen it up as long as its a large format it shouldnt take to long to remove blemishes. I can send several versions using photo veriables, tint light dark saturation etc. Send me a message if you still need, no trouble.