PDA

View Full Version : step by step photo prep

ryan hogan
02-25-2011, 8:53 AM
i have recently purchased an ap laser or a 100 watt co2 with a working area of28 by16
also known as an ap2816, i have worked with other lasers before however i would like to know if someone could point me to a good set of step by step instructions for prepairing a photo for engraving, i apoligize if this has already been discussed

Larry Bratton
02-25-2011, 9:22 AM
Ryan:
Welcome to SMC. Lots of help and info here.
Yes, this topic is perpetual here. There is NO set of specific steps to take. It depends on the substrate,the quality of the photo, the laser, your software and on and on. Just do a search here and start reading. Good luck and have fun!

Dee Gallo
02-25-2011, 9:45 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Ryan! If you click on "advanced search" (top right of this page) and type in "photo prep" you will come up with loads of posts which relate to preparing a photo from lots of different perspectives. As Larry says, there is no pat answer, but many have come up with good solid places to start, you will see differing views on software/macros and opinions about settings. They helped me when I was first starting and it is well worth the time to read-read-read!

cheers, dee

john passek
02-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Welcome to the creek Ryan.
If you go to the Epilog web site/ Technical support/ corel resources - corel help by Mike Clarke, there is some very helpful information. mike wrote the book called - Corel Draw and your laser.
Good luck,

Jim Coffee
02-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Hi Ryan...

Before trying to engrave a photo I suggest that you be able to engrave a "greyscale ramp". If you cannot engrave the ramp properly you won't be able to engrave a photo properly either. Google "greyscale ramp". Then select images.

i have recently purchased an ap laser or a 100 watt co2 with a working area of28 by16
also known as an ap2816, i have worked with other lasers before however i would like to know if someone could point me to a good set of step by step instructions for prepairing a photo for engraving, i apoligize if this has already been discussed