PDA

View Full Version : cutting letters

Tammy Peruski
02-24-2011, 10:13 PM
I've tried to search the forum without any luck. I want to cut letters/words out of cardstock for scrapbooking. Is there a way to keep the inside of the letters (like in B, D, a, e, etc) so I don't have to search for them? and somehow to keep them together and easy to place on my scrapbook pages???

Thanks!

Joe Pelonio
02-24-2011, 10:57 PM
i remember posting tips on this before, but it's been a while. I made a template with 1/4" acrylic. Cut cut all the letters
out of the acrylic. Then place the template over the cardstock in the exact same position, change the settings and cut the cardstock out. That 1/4 depth will keep the pieces from flying out the exhaust, the vector grid will keep them from falling in. If you want to keep the letters all together, muffin tins work if they are not too big, or maybe the snack size zip bags, one for each letter of the alphabet.

Rodne Gold
02-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Spray the cardstock with lo tack adhesive spray and put onto a thicker piece of card/mattborad/wood when cutting , the letters and the inners will come out ready to stick.

Andrea Weissenseel
02-25-2011, 2:30 AM
letters like a, b, d, e etc. you have to treat them like stencils to keep them in one piece. Means you have to break up the form and connect it at another spot, otherwise you'll loose the inner part.

As soon I figure out how to attach a photo now, I'll show you a sample

Andrea

Andrea Weissenseel
02-25-2011, 2:42 AM
hope it worked - here is the pic:)