PDA

View Full Version : I need a submersible pump.....

Brian Hale
01-20-2005, 7:51 PM
..... Just a very small one with a couple feet of head, 120vac and i need to be able to "pinch" off the hose coming from it to supply me with a small drip with out killing it.

What should i be looking for? Where?

Thanks!!
Brian :)

Jerry Clark
01-20-2005, 8:03 PM
Brian, You may want to check HF, they have several sizes and they are cheap! :cool:

Tony Falotico
01-20-2005, 9:17 PM
Try a good aquarium supply, one that has pumps for outdoor ponds.

Brian Hale
01-21-2005, 6:15 PM
Thanks guys!

Didn't think about the aquarium idea, that might work good. Will those pumps survive if i restrict the flow to a couple drops a second?

Brian :)

Bob Jensen
01-21-2005, 6:15 PM
national artcraft, lots of pumps. cheap prices,

John Pollman
01-21-2005, 6:51 PM
Think about this, there are a lot of cheap submersible pumps out there. Get one with an outlet about the size of the airline that you use in an aquarium. Then pick up some airline and a multi-tap air valve. You can probably get all of this at a pet supply store. Run the outlet of the pump to the inlet of the air valve. Then you can just use TWO outlet lines. One can just run back to the supply tank where the pump is and the other can run to whatever you need the couple of drops per second for. Then just open the return line all the way and turn the pump on. Then you can open the other valve just enough to get the flow that you're looking for. Then the pump will not be under any strain as the extra unused water will just be pumped back to the supply tank. I'm sure that you can just play with the settings on the two valves to get just about any flow rate you'd like out of either hose. I don't know what you're using this for but it should work without burning up the pump.

Good luck !

John

Brian Hale
01-21-2005, 8:44 PM
national artcraft, lots of pumps. cheap prices,
BINGO!! Thats exactly what i was looking for Bob! :D

Thanks

Brian

BTW, this pump will supply the water for my Makita sharpener. Should be cool!