PDA

View Full Version : got out of town for a few days of sunshine....

Mark Hix
02-24-2011, 7:04 PM
February started off pretty cold for N. Texas. I turned 50 and for my birthday, went fishing. We flew into Key West on Friday, fished all day Sat and 1/2 day Sunday. You could not ask for a better trip. We caught our limit of jacks along w/ several kinds of snapper, king mackerel, kobia and several others that I just do not remember. We had one very angry hammerhead when the king mackerel got plucked right out of his jaws!

This is the largest fish I have ever caught, over 40 pounds. That's me on the right.

Tim Boger
02-24-2011, 8:07 PM
February started off pretty cold for N. Texas. I turned 50 and for my birthday, went fishing. We flew into Key West on Friday, fished all day Sat and 1/2 day Sunday. You could not ask for a better trip. We caught our limit of jacks along w/ several kinds of snapper, king mackerel, kobia and several others that I just do not remember. We had one very angry hammerhead when the king mackerel got plucked right out of his jaws!
This is the largest fish I have ever caught, over 40 pounds. That's me on the right. Sorry it's sideways.

Looks like a terrific trip, did you sign up on a charter? I would love to go on a trip like that.

Tim

Ken Fitzgerald
02-24-2011, 8:09 PM
Mark,

Nice fish!

I am not sure if I helped the situation or not? I tried. It was the first time I tried something like this. Sorry!

Mark Hix
02-24-2011, 8:18 PM
Hey, now I caught 2 big ones!
Thanks for turning it Ken.

We hired a guide. He worked pretty hard to make the trip a success. On top of the fishing, he was fun to be around. The icing on the cake was having the resturant at the marina cook some for us-never had better fish.

Belinda Barfield
02-25-2011, 8:33 AM
Nice fish Mark! What a great way to spend your birthday. Glad you had a great time.

Steve Schlumpf
02-25-2011, 8:39 AM
Wow! Congrats on turning 50 and on the trip! Sure looks like it was fun!

bob svoboda
02-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Holy Mackeral, looks like a lot of fun.