PDA

View Full Version : Just spent a ton of cash!!!!

Andrew Gibson
02-24-2011, 3:24 PM
Ok got paid and turned around and reinvested in some tools... didn't spend it all however.

So at LV I bought
med shoulder plane
LAJ
inshave
drawknife
some replacement blades and chip breakers
and i think some hinges and stuff
ooh and a few scrapers

at craftsman studio
some shaptons
a LN 40-1/2
a couple LN chisels
a few other odds and ends

also got a DMT duo sharp from amazon
and a Knew Concepts AL Fret Saw

Now I don't know if I am excited or having serious buyers remose... I think it's the former.

I have been planning to pick up all of these tools and have had use for them recently, so its not like they will just sit around... no amazing deals or anything but I guess this will have to turn into a gloat thread when things start ariving... :D

Jim Neeley
02-24-2011, 3:36 PM
Sounds like you made a score, indeed!!

It's all good... <s>

Bob Jones
02-24-2011, 4:38 PM
The fret saw is great, I think mine was well worth the money.

bob blakeborough
02-24-2011, 5:24 PM
Nice score!

I know how you feel... In the last 3 weeks I have bought from LV the Large and Small shoulder planes, a set of 3 Detail Rabbet planes, Large Router plane, new Mitre Box, a variety of measuring tools, and ordered the new 12" Bad Axe Hybrid Dovetail/Small Tenon saw... Cap that with all the stuff I bought last year, my wife now is eying up a new $3500.00 sewing machine while constantly reminding me of my purchases... What can I say about it? lol!

Jim Belair
02-24-2011, 5:31 PM
If you guys run out of things to purchase yet still want to feed your shopping addiction I'd be glad to send you my Ship To address and LV Wish List! ;)

Jim B

Glenn Kiso
02-24-2011, 6:17 PM
I love my Knew concepts fret saw. Best fret saw i have ever used. I have a half-dozen near-useless coping/fret saws now. Only improvement to the Knew saw would be to make/provide a better wooden handle.

David Weaver
02-24-2011, 9:55 PM
Well done! Enjoy the duds. Appears to all be quality goods.

Andrew Gibson
02-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Hopefully I made good choices. I should be finding out shortly...

It really is going to be hard to make it through the weekend hnowing that stuff should start showing up early next week.

Adam Cormier
02-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Sounds like a nice collection of new tools you got there. Gotta love Lee Valley.