PDA

View Full Version : What about this compressor ?

sunny nic
02-24-2011, 4:06 AM
Hi, there. What kind of compressor do u use? Wanna buy a nice compressor. It seems there're so many choice out there. It is hard to decide. How about this one (http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?type=id&q=d228001&ru=28904278)? Good to use or not? Any other good options?

Rich Engelhardt
02-24-2011, 6:10 AM
I have on of those and love it.
Lightweight, highly portable, low cost, runs a 23 ga or 18 ga nailer, the supplied 2" brad nailer is actually a decent tool.

$55.00 is a very, very good price - if you can pick it up.
$69.00, if you have to have it shipped, isn't such a hot deal.

Be aware though that it is a very small unit and it's really only good for running an 18 ga or 23 ga nailer.
I bought one only because of - a.) the price. b.)I need a highly portable oiless unit.

If you want something more "general use", a 2HP class will be more suited to that.
My "main compressor" is an Ingersoll Rand, 2HP, 4 gal "twin hot dog".
The IR will handle anything in the way of nailers, plus it can handle an aux tank.

Carl Civitella
02-24-2011, 6:34 AM
Hi, i have a porta cable pancake compressor and it handles all the nailers. The framing nailer works fine, if you don`t work to fast. I have been called a lot names in my life,..but never "flash". Carl

Kurt Cady
02-24-2011, 7:56 AM
I LOVE mine. Had it about 18 months. Zero problems. It's my only compressor. Only used as a brad nailer. Small one-man garage shop. Been loaned to friends numerous times too. I think a friend was using it on 16ga nails once or twice

sunny nic
02-24-2011, 8:17 PM
I LOVE mine. Had it about 18 months. Zero problems. It's my only compressor. Only used as a brad nailer. Small one-man garage shop. Been loaned to friends numerous times too. I think a friend was using it on 16ga nails once or twice

any pics of your compressor??

Kurt Cady
02-24-2011, 8:51 PM
No pics. A friend currently has it. I have the exact same thing you linked to