PDA

View Full Version : Cherry I can do that step stool

Greg Scull
02-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Is the end of Feb too late to post the pictures of the stool I made for my nephew this Christmas??? An important lesson learned, take your own pictures of your work or it might take months to get them back.

This was one of my first projects other than cutting boards and my first piece that wasn't a painted cabinet or trim work for the house.

It was a lot of fun.

I followed the "I can do that" plans from a copy of Popular Woodworking.

Made with Cherry, Walnut plugs and finished with shellac and wax. In retrospect I think I should have finished it with something harder but .. its gone now!

Bruce Page
02-24-2011, 1:40 AM
I love it! Do you have a link to the plans?

Greg Scull
02-24-2011, 2:24 AM
I love it! Do you have a link to the plans?

Since I finished they have changed the website and now it requires a free account to view so I'm unsure about how to add a link. It's pretty easy to find w/ google.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I+can+do+that+stepstool&l=1

Bobby O'Neal
02-24-2011, 1:42 PM
Sweet. I need to look into something like this for my potty training daughter.

Jason Tuinstra
02-25-2011, 9:09 AM
Greg, very nice project - let alone for one of our first projects. I'm sure it will get plenty of use!

John Grossi
02-26-2011, 6:22 AM
Greg, very nice job on that stepstool. I think you'll find the finish of shellac to last. The projects I have done with shellac end up with a hard and long lasting finish.

Derek Gilmer
02-26-2011, 8:11 AM
That is some nice work there. I think you've inspired me to build one. A friends daughter LOVES stools, this would be a great little present for her.

gary Zimmel
02-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Never to long to post some picks... Nice work on the step stool Greg.