PDA

View Full Version : Refused service at the BORG

Jon McElwain
02-23-2011, 11:25 PM
So I'm in my local BORG looking at some door knobs etc. etc. with the LOML the other day. I wandered over to the tool isle for a few minutes while she is making the final decisions. I went back to find her and she was gone. An employee asked if he could help me find anything, so I relied, "yes, my wife." Then he flat refused. "I don't think I can help you with that sir," he said.

The nerve...

Van Huskey
02-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Although I would have been upset too, some might not be, they may be able to use that as a marketing ploy. Shop with us and lose your wife...

Ken Fitzgerald
02-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Although I would have been upset too, some might not be, they may be able to use that as a marketing ploy. Shop with us and lose your wife...

If they do...I'd advise them to be careful about advertising it.

Jonathan Spool
02-24-2011, 2:03 AM
He must of thought you said " Yes, a wife"

Rick Potter
02-24-2011, 2:08 AM
Wow, I never heard of a snowbird going to Colorado for the winter.

Rick Potter

sunny nic
02-24-2011, 3:52 AM

Rick Potter
I NEVER HEARD that either

Van Huskey
02-24-2011, 3:59 AM
If they do...I'd advise them to be careful about advertising it.

Maybe in divorce journal?

Norman Hitt
02-24-2011, 4:37 AM
Hmmm........ that fellow sure wasn't too smart, or he would have seen a great opportunity for a little CS promotion, "IF" he would have said, " Sir, would you like me to PAGE her and ask her to meet you here"?
Note: I didn't think of this, but it actually happened to me in a large store once, and I was both shocked AND impressed. :D (maybe he only did it because I was kinda limping along with my walking cane):confused:

shane lyall
02-24-2011, 5:18 AM
Hmm..mine won't get more than 25 feet from me any place that tools/lumber are sold.

Tony Perrone
02-24-2011, 6:42 AM
Many years ago when I worked at the Borg the same thing happened to me so I just paged the man's wife's name over the intercome and told her to meet him up front no big deal really. The fun thing is when they loose kids no one is allowed out of the store until the kid is found.

Cody Colston
02-24-2011, 8:13 AM
My wife has the annoying habit of being able to disappear almost instantly in a store...any store. I can stop for just an instant to inspect something more closely and when I look up, she's gone!

After walking a couple of miles around the store looking for her, she suddenly reappears like she had been there all along. It's eerie.

Fred Belknap
02-24-2011, 8:20 AM
My wife has the annoying habit of being able to disappear almost instantly in a store...any store. I can stop for just an instant to inspect something more closely and when I look up, she's gone!

After walking a couple of miles around the store looking for her, she suddenly reappears like she had been there all along. It's eerie.

Thats when I get to use my cell phone. "Where the BLEEP are you and don't BLEEPIN move." Works sometimes.

Andrew Gibson
02-24-2011, 8:35 AM
First thing I do is check to make sure I have the car keys... jk

Tricks I learned from my Grandpa, it's easier to find the hot dog cart then it is to ind the wife.

Mine lakes the garden center, thats a good place to start.

Bill Edwards(2)
02-24-2011, 8:50 AM
That answer has to be one of those things the employee's joke about.

I gotta believe that they post on a wall in the employee's area, who's been
given that answer the most. They probably even have a weekly pool for the
winner.

I know I've given that answer on many occasions and "I can't help you" is
the common answer.

Joe Angrisani
02-24-2011, 9:58 AM
And I thought they joked about the guy who knows the boss' birthday.....

Norman Hitt
02-24-2011, 10:30 AM
And I thought they joked about the guy who knows the boss' birthday.....

Nah, they really like to talk about the TWO guys that were looking for their wives.
They bumped into each other and the Old fellow said, pardon me, I wasn't paying attention, I was looking for my wife. The other said that's OK, I'm looking for my wife too. Old guy said, what's she look like? Other guy said. Oh she's 26 yrs old, 5' 6" tall with beautiful auburn hair, a great figure and Oh yes, she's wearing tight pink shorts, what's yours look like? Old guy said, never mind that now, let's find yours first.

Jon McElwain
02-24-2011, 10:45 AM

I NEVER HEARD that either

Colorado gets some good winter weather, but it gets a lot of sun and warm days every winter too. You would have to live in Juneau (think cold, dark, cloudy rain forest with LOTS of snow in the winter) for 10+ years to appreciate the relative mild northern Colorado climate. Besides, I about keel over if it gets much over 70 degrees...

Hmm..mine won't get more than 25 feet from me any place that tools/lumber are sold.

Sounds like you got one of the smart models! :D

David Epperson
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
So I'm in my local BORG looking at some door knobs etc. etc. with the LOML the other day. I wandered over to the tool isle for a few minutes while she is making the final decisions. I went back to find her and she was gone. An employee asked if he could help me find anything, so I relied, "yes, my wife." Then he flat refused. "I don't think I can help you with that sir," he said.

The nerve...
Just find the cutest girl in the store and go talk to her....If your wife is like mine - THAT'S when she'll find YOU.

Ruhi Arslan
02-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Colorado gets some good winter weather, but it gets a lot of sun and warm days every winter too. You would have to live in Juneau (think cold, dark, cloudy rain forest with LOTS of snow in the winter) for 10+ years to appreciate the relative mild northern Colorado climate. Besides, I about keel over if it gets much over 70 degrees...

Hope you are taking advantage of the New Belgium while you are in Fort Collins.

Jon McElwain
02-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Hope you are taking advantage of the New Belgium while you are in Fort Collins.

It's pretty good, but the Alaskan Winter Ale out of Juneau - really good stuff!

Gene Waara
02-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Too funny. It is a running joke between us that I tightly hold the hand of LOML when we enter the store to run a quick errand so she cannot wander off. I thought she was the only one that could get lost there - apparently not!

Paul Johnstone
02-24-2011, 1:39 PM
Two guys were in home depot with their spouses. One was an elderly couple, the other was a couple in their early 20's

Both men lost their wives in the store, so they began roaming the store, searching.
The two men bumped into each other. They found out that they were both missing wives.
The elderly man said "Hey, maybe we can help each other out. What does your wife look like?"
The young man said. "My wife has blue eyes, long curly blond hair which is shoulder blade length, and she is 36-24-34. What does your wife look like?"
The elderly man said "Who cares what my wife looks like? Let's find yours".

Jim Rimmer
02-24-2011, 1:47 PM
Too funny. It is a running joke between us that I tightly hold the hand of LOML when we enter the store to run a quick errand so she cannot wander off. I thought she was the only one that could get lost there - apparently not!

Our running joke (bet) is when we pull into the grocery store parking lot because we need milk and bread and I wait in the car. I bet that she will not come out with only 2 items (the ones she went in for). I've never lost the bet.

Also, she has no peripheral vision nor does she look behind her when we go into a store together. If I stop, she's gone. I used to spend time looking for her but now I just do my thing and leave it up to her to find me.

Bruce Benjamin
02-24-2011, 3:49 PM
You didn't say if you ever found her or not. After this much time some guys would just give up and go home. Maybe she doesn't want to be found...I'm just sayin...;)

Bruce

Troy Turner
02-24-2011, 5:00 PM
The real question here is: Was there any good tools on sale and did you buy anything? Cause about the time you get up to the counter with the tool, you'll hear the voice behind you "Do you really need that" :)

Sean Nagle
02-24-2011, 5:25 PM

Rick Potter

Snowbirds usually look for warmer climes, but if you're a Canada goose, Colorado is "flying south for the winter" ;)

Jon McElwain
02-24-2011, 7:14 PM
You didn't say if you ever found her or not. After this much time some guys would just give up and go home. Maybe she doesn't want to be found...I'm just sayin...;) Bruce

Oh I found her all right - right in the middle of the lighting section looking up! She needs me for installing all these new home accessories!

Snowbirds usually look for warmer climes, but if you're a Canada goose, Colorado is "flying south for the winter" ;)

My point exactly!