PDA

View Full Version : New user ... help with chinese machine... basic stuff.

carlos alencar
02-23-2011, 8:11 PM
Hi all,

i spent last days reading and trying to learn the "misterys" of laser. I just Bought a foison chinese engraver. And i have ZERO support on it. I got a lame manual, and nothing more, so i got lots os questions... basic operations questions, that i hope anyone can help.

the machine is this. foison.net.cn/en/product3_1b.htm
it has a 80 w laser, got a software from a cia that has no site, and i believe went bankrupt, conects by USB and have a external control. the control board is from vectorsoft dsp.

my first question - after spend some hours thinking and learning from web and got all mirrors aligned - is laser so slow to cut ?! the pgm that came with it has the veloc. in mm/s. all my tests are on a cas acrylic 8 mm.

- can only CUT properly it with 4 mm/s speed. i tryed increasing by 0.2 (4.2 4.4 4.6 4.8 5 mm/s) and the acrylic did not get loose. the power is at 75%.

the chinese guy said to put the power at most in 75%. He wrote (the only email they answered) that over 75% will decrese life of laser and THAT IT WILL NOT EVEN GET STRONGER TO CUT. i thought it is strange, but in fact when i put 80%, 90% 100% of power i still only could cut at 4mm/s. Is this normal !?

second: the laser when cutting 8mm acrylic did not seens to be straight, vertical, he is inclined. I can see that it is not ok... but i dont know how to fix or align this.

third: when cutting with 45% of power.. to not loose the piece, but to do a vector engraver, if i got more than 20 mm/s it gets all aliasing; it is far from the specs of the machine i got from the website.

some photos can help understand ? my english is very poor.

thnks a lot.

Carlos Alencar.

Joe Pelonio
02-23-2011, 10:00 PM
First, no laser will cut perfectly straight. The beam is hourglass shaped, and you focus to the narrow center.
There will always be an angle to it, the thicker the material the more the angle.

An 80 watt machine should cut 8mm acrylic pretty quickly, the speed you are running seems about the same as I cut 6mm on my 45 watt. Also, why buy and pay for 80 watts if you cannot use all the power? I'm afraid you either have some detailed alignment issues or perhaps the machine is just not good. Photos might be good to get more help from others.

carlos alencar
02-24-2011, 2:23 AM
i will take pictures today ... thank you a lot !

carlos alencar
02-24-2011, 2:37 AM
foison send this email...

You misunderstand our meaning, the laser tube is really 80W, and you can use 100% laser power, but we suggest you use 70% is because the max current laser of laser tube is 20mA(millianmpere), mix is 5mA, that means, if you need the laser tube work properly in a right way, it's better to keep the current laser between 5mA and 20mA, if you use 100% laser power, then the current laser will be 35mA, it will decrease the useful life of laser tube, also we want to mentioned that when you use 70% laser power, the cutting result is same as 100%.

The number in LED is current laser.

Have a nice day!

Best regards.

After service department

Foison Technology Ltd.,

2011-02-17
foison@foison.net.cn

Dan Hintz
02-24-2011, 5:59 AM
You misunderstand our meaning, the laser tube is really 80W, and you can use 100% laser power, but we suggest you use 70% is because the max current laser of laser tube is 20mA(millianmpere), mix is 5mA, that means, if you need the laser tube work properly in a right way, it's better to keep the current laser between 5mA and 20mA, if you use 100% laser power, then the current laser will be 35mA, it will decrease the useful life of laser tube, also we want to mentioned that when you use 70% laser power, the cutting result is same as 100%.
They either don't know how their own machine is designed, or that is an extremely poor design. Who makes a system where you can exceed the maximum current spec of the components without having to defeat safety measures? Considering the quality control of Chinese systems, I would not bet any serious money the system is not designed to exceed max spec... sad.

Larry Bratton
02-24-2011, 9:40 AM
Not being a tech like Dan, I only understand part of this post..It doesn't work right and it is a "mistery" as to why not. Sorry for your problems, hang in here with this forum and hopefully you can resolve some of them. Good luck!