PDA

View Full Version : ultra thin, bright chrome sheet? Looking for vendor(s)

Mark Giese
02-22-2011, 8:58 PM
I am looking for some thin, <1/32" bright chromed sheet stock (metal). Need a total of about a square foot to be cut down into four rectangles. I have been to the car stores, craft stores, local metal shops, plating shops, catalogs etc, and at least a couple of hours worth of googleing.

Any suggestions?

Does not need to be engraved, will be used as trim on a piece of clear acrylic furniture to hide the topsides of the casters and mounting screws and held in place with double sided tape.

Thanks, Mark

Doug Griffith
02-22-2011, 11:04 PM
How about stainless steel mirror sheet. Google stainless steel camping mirrors as well.

Also:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-steel-sheets/=b5he2w

Mike Null
02-23-2011, 5:30 AM
You can buy chrome looking aluminum or chromed brass from Main Trophy Supply in Chicago. You have to buy a quarter sheet but they may cut it for you. They are thinner than 1/32".

Mark Giese
02-23-2011, 6:56 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, trying to match some bright chrome casters, stainless, or the standard chrome is pretty far off when you hold it up next to the parts.

Martin Boekers
02-23-2011, 8:15 AM
You may consider just getting some sheet stock and having it chrome plated.

It still may be hard to match as the coaster may be metalized, not actually chrome plate.

Marty

Mark Giese
02-25-2011, 3:13 PM
thanks for the replies.

The solution i ended up with was thin aluminum sheet, which I then polished to a mirror finish and clear coated. It was the closest i could get to the finish on the casters, without spending a bunch at the local plating shop. (which was really further off than the polished aluminum color wise)