PDA

View Full Version : Firefox problem

Sean Troy
02-22-2011, 6:21 PM
Hi ll, I just installed Firefox and when I open it, I get this message:The proxy server is refusing connections Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

Anyone have a step by step for a fix? IE woks fine? Thnks, Sean

Myk Rian
02-22-2011, 6:37 PM
Tools
Advanced
Network
Connection - Settings
Auto detect - or use system settings

I use Google Chrome.
Much faster than either IE or FF

Derek Gilmer
02-22-2011, 7:24 PM
Tools
I use Google Chrome.
I just switched to firefox 4's beta. The speed is pretty close to chrome. Plus it has better cookie privacy control and doesn't have the ever growing fear of what information google is saving about you :)

Sean Troy
02-22-2011, 9:06 PM
Tools
Advanced
Network
Connection - Settings
Auto detect - or use system settings

I use Google Chrome.
That did it. Thank you

Bill Cunningham
02-22-2011, 10:18 PM
FF4 beta is quite a bit faster.. but it seems to have a few hiccups on my older system here. My shop computer seems to handle it fine.. Newer/faster processor, and much more memory than the older clunker I use in the house.. Both are running xp-pro, the house computer runs much slower on everything though, I moved it back to the latest version of FF and off the beta4.

Rex Guinn
02-24-2011, 9:40 AM
I use Linux Ubuntu and Firefox no trouble with both my old machines Laptop is 8 years old with 512MB RAM and Desktop is 7 years old with 2GIG of ram. I like Firefox better than Chrome.

Curt Harms
02-25-2011, 7:14 AM
I use Linux Ubuntu and Firefox no trouble with both my old machines Laptop is 8 years old with 512MB RAM and Desktop is 7 years old with 2GIG of ram. I like Firefox better than Chrome.

I'm in the same camp. Firefox 3.6.x renders as fast as I can click on a newer machine. I also run Ubuntu 10.10 on a 2002 vintage ThinkPad with a PIII 1.0 Ghz & 512Mb. RAM. Firefox still works fine on that machine. I tried Chromium, didn't care for it. I use Opera as a secondary browser which might be a little faster on the Thinkpad though it's not noticeable. Opera seems to work a little better on some 'optimized for I.E.' sites.