PDA

View Full Version : AAW Symposium - Who's Going??

Scott Hackler
02-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Just curious if we could get a list of fellow "Creekers" that are going to attend the AAW Symposium in St Paul and if your going to enter anything in the instant gallery. We need to coordinate a meet for those attending.

I have convinced my wife that I HAVE to go and I am likely going to pay the entry fee and enter my three best turnings in the instant gallery and subject them to critiques. I have never attended anything like this and I think it will be pretty cool. My wife, on the other hand, will have to be entertained with NON-woodturning activities so we will be seeing some of the sights in St Paul as well! :)

jeff schnell
02-22-2011, 1:05 PM
I'm planning on going. A friend of mine it going to buy a Robust lathe and we are going to drive up from NJ.

David E Keller
02-22-2011, 3:32 PM
I'm gonna pass this year, but I plan to attend at some point in the future. With two kids under the age or 6, I'm not sure I want to use up all of my 'husband points' to attend this year.

charlie knighton
02-22-2011, 4:32 PM
yes, i plan to attend, it would be nice to eat lunch with a creaker

entry fee is for the rotations (demostrations) instant gallery is free to you and public as is the vendor area, banquet is another fee

John Keeton
02-22-2011, 5:35 PM
Scott, I kept a list from the last thread, and the following indicated they would be there - you, Doug W. Swanson, Greg Just, Jeff Nicol, Alan Trout, John Beaver, Joe Meirhaeghe (sp?), Bill Blasic, Patrick Doody.

I will be attending, and I hope that Steve Schlumpf will be there, as well.

Alan Trout
02-22-2011, 6:29 PM
I will be there for sure. I have my room and airfare paid for. I will be looking forward to a get together.

Alan

Joe Meirhaeghe
02-22-2011, 6:53 PM
Congratulations John. You did get the correct spelling!!! & yes I plan on attending.
Joe

Scott, I kept a list from the last thread, and the following indicated they would be there - you, Doug W. Swanson, Greg Just, Jeff Nicol, Alan Trout, John Beaver, Joe Meirhaeghe (sp?), Bill Blasic, Patrick Doody.

I will be attending, and I hope that Steve Schlumpf will be there, as well.

Dan Henry
02-22-2011, 7:40 PM
I plan on attending also.

Dan Henry

Jim Heikes
02-22-2011, 7:48 PM
I'll be there as will my wife Jeanne

Jim

Jeff Nicol
02-22-2011, 7:55 PM
I figure someone should put a big ballon up above their head to indicate Creeker member, I know a lot of folks want to meet me and I want to meet a bunch of you as well. I will be staying at my daughters house in Inver Grove Heights which is close by and I get to play with my grandson while there too so that is good! I know there are others who plan to go but maybe just for a day and do just the free portion, but I really want to meet some of the world reknown pros and see them in action, it should be a great time for all!

See you there,

Jeff

Cathy Schaewe
02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I really hope I can find the time to go - we'll see, but it's on the list for this year!

Steve Schlumpf
02-22-2011, 10:16 PM
I plan on attending. I'll be the old guy with the ponytail wearing a tan SMC ball cap! Never been to a symposium before - will they have name tags?

Greg Just
02-22-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm be attending. Doug Swanson and I will be organizing a Creek get together. Details to follow.

Vince Welch
02-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes! I will be there! If we need a place to meet we can always use my booth in the trade show area as a meeting place.

Vince

Bill Blasic
02-23-2011, 6:41 AM
Name tags come in your kit.
Bill

Scott Hackler
02-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Sounds like we will have quite a good showing of Creekers. I can't wait to meet you all.

Of those attending, who is going to enter items into the instant gallery?

Scott Brihn
02-23-2011, 7:14 PM
I plan to be there. Looking forward to the potential of a SawMill Creek get together.

Bob Hovde
02-24-2011, 4:12 PM
I plan to attend with my wife, Sandy.

Jim Adkins
04-18-2011, 7:50 AM
I am registered and will have three pieces in Instant Gallery. Think Steve S. has the right idea.......we all grow a ponytail and wear a Creeker ballcap for recognition purposes!!

David Gilbert
04-19-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm registered too. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Cheers,
David

Scott Hackler
05-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Well I made it official today and registered! This will be my very first symposium or any type of turning show, that I have ever been too. (let alone entered any turning into). I am super excited to meet some of the Creekers and to see all in the turning realm. Gonna load up on some burls and maybe a tool or too, attend a few demos and try to not bore my better half too much!

See you all there!

Justin Stephen
05-10-2011, 7:50 PM
I booked a hotel a week ago but I did just finally register.