PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts go out to Brian Jarnell....

Bill Huber
02-21-2011, 7:51 PM
I just heard on the news there was an earthquack in Christchurch, New Zealand and that is were Brian lives.

I just hope he and his family are OK.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-21-2011, 8:05 PM
My thoughts go out also to Brian and also a coworker and friend Ken and his wife Anne at Kirwee. That is the 2nd major earthquake in 6 months and they have been getting minor ones with some regularity in between!

Brian Kent
02-21-2011, 8:09 PM
I am hearing there is building damage but no casualties so far.

Here is a map of their earthquake(s): http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/

edit: correction. When I wrote that they had no casualty report. I guess that has changed. I'm really glad Brian Jarnell is OK.

Bill Huber
02-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Got an email from him and he is find and so is the family. It took place about 1/2 hour from him.

Brian Jarnell
08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for your thoughts lads.

Bit late as we have been on hols for 3 months.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-24-2011, 10:27 PM
We're just glad to hear from you Brian and know you are surviving!

Brian Jarnell
08-25-2011, 4:08 PM
Thanks Ken.

Christchurch 1/2 an hour south of our place, no longer exists as we knew it.
Not good to build on a swamp when you get 7.3 earthquakes. Lots of talk on what do.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-25-2011, 4:12 PM
Brian...I have a friend in Kirwee. He has sent me several links to photographs of the damages. It's incredible how much damage has occured. My wife and I visited NZ in December 2008 and spent 3 days in Christchurch. Really admired some of the older buildings in the down town area. Miss the Speight's Gold Medal Ale!

I have a photograph here at the Creek of my friend and I looking down on "Governor's Bay"? IIRC. That was just a short distance from the epicenter of the quake in February of this year.

Bruce Page
08-25-2011, 5:03 PM
WOW! There have been over 4000 quakes in & around Christchurch since 2/22/11! :eek:

Brian Jarnell
08-25-2011, 5:10 PM
Brian...I have a friend in Kirwee. He has sent me several links to photographs of the damages. It's incredible how much damage has occured. My wife and I visited NZ in December 2008 and spent 3 days in Christchurch. Really admired some of the older buildings in the down town area. Miss the Speight's Gold Medal Ale!

I have a photograph here at the Creek of my friend and I looking down on "Governor's Bay"? IIRC. That was just a short distance from the epicenter of the quake in February of this year.

I suspect those buildings that you admired are the ones that fell, due to being brick.

One of the problems with starting to re-build is that every time they have a plan we get another quake, so have to re think.