PDA

View Full Version : Git yer Multi Router right here

Mike Hollingsworth
02-21-2011, 6:13 PM
3 of them in Ohio:
http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lots.asp?pg=details&tot=&id=14437

scott vroom
02-21-2011, 6:34 PM
Looks like an entire shop full of tools from a failed business. Sad statement on the times.

Ron Bontz
02-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Oh sure. Another auction site with things I would like to have. Just what I need. Thanks:)

John Fabre
02-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Ok, where were those when I looked on the site a month ago?

Brian Showalter
02-22-2011, 8:49 AM
Has any one ever bought anything through an IRS auction? I was looking at some stuff in that same auction. I saw the note about needing insurance for non-hand carriable items. I wonder what they consider hand carriable? I had my eye on one of the cabinet table saws and a jointer.

Larry Edgerton
02-22-2011, 6:59 PM
They basically do not want to deal with homeowners. If you have just about any business you have a liability policy, that is what they are looking for. My builders risk/liability policy has been fine.

Lou Ortiz
02-22-2011, 9:11 PM
Lots of single phase stuff too, that doesn't come up too often on IRS.

Paul Grothouse
02-22-2011, 10:19 PM
I have purchased through IRS mulitiple times, never any super deals. They are very professionial, hand carry usually means you don't need a lift to move it. They need insurance for riggers only. Be aware as good as the prices look today, they will get run up quickly at the end. They get the best prices of any auction house and do a lot of marketing. They must send out a millions of emails everyday. I get at least 2-5 per day.

Stephen Cherry
02-22-2011, 10:38 PM
They basically do not want to deal with homeowners. If you have just about any business you have a liability policy, that is what they are looking for. My builders risk/liability policy has been fine.

Strongly disagree. I've spoken with their people and they are very friendly and helpful. Basically, if you can put a machine on a pallet truck, you do not need insurance. Their rep took a few minutes to explain all the ins and outs to me. So if you buy a 2000 pound saw, bring a friend and a pallet truck, you are fine.

That said, it is a well followed auction, so the bidders will be there and prices are not dirt cheap. This is not the auction companies fault, the high prices only reflect that they are a good outfit to deal with.