PDA

View Full Version : delta 11-0990 table top drill press switch

Christopher Pine
02-21-2011, 5:53 PM
Anyone know a source for the switch on this drill press that won't charge me more than the cost of the part to send it to me? I have a couple sites that say it cost about $5 to $6 and the shipping is 9 to 10.. I know you could call me cheap but geesh! Its a little switch.

Chris

Bruce Wrenn
02-21-2011, 10:29 PM
So for about $15 bucks you could have a new switch DELIVERED to your door. But to save money, you could drive to nearest DeWalt / Delta service center and pick up the switch. But if they don't stock it, you are still going to pay the shipping. Exactly how much is your time worth, not to mention gasoline, which isn't exactly free right now either. I'm about 30 miles from my local Grainger, but the UPS guy brings most of my orders. I can't buy the gas for what they will ship it for. Get off some of that old money and go enjoy your shop.

John McClanahan
02-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Just wait till you need an O ring for your Bostitch brad nailer and have to pay $11.00 shipping to get a $.65 part!

John

Bruce Wrenn
02-22-2011, 9:42 PM
Just wait till you need an O ring for your Bostitch brad nailer and have to pay $11.00 shipping to get a $.65 part!

JohnI hope you ordered a couple of spares, as the shipping is the same. Right now, I'm looking at poly tires for a Delta 14" BS. Hartville $24.90 + $8.95 shipping. Rockler $32.99 with free shipping. McFeely's about $32 with $1 shipping. No matter who I get them from, I'm paying about the same price delivered to my door.

John McClanahan
02-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Be careful when buying the tires. Some places sell them by the pair, some by each.

John