PDA

View Full Version : WoodCraft's Joiner + Free router deal

Joseph D'Orazio
02-21-2011, 7:03 AM
Woodcraft sent out an email flyer advertising a free Porter Cable Router (1¾hp 690LR) if you buy the Deluxe Plate Joiner Kit for $219. Does this seem like a good deal? I am sure there are folks here who have used the router but have yall used that plate joiner and does it seem like it works well?

Van Huskey
02-21-2011, 7:16 AM
The PC 557 is the biscuit joiner to buy short of a Lamello. However, I will say the older models are held in higher regard BUT it still sits at the head of the "working class". The Lamello joiners are going to start at over twice as much.

Given WC's price you are paying about $35 for the router compared to Amazon prices for the 557 plus whatever you will pay in tax at WC.

Like everything f you don't need it it isn't a deal, if you do it is a pretty good deal.

Joseph D'Orazio
02-21-2011, 7:25 AM
The PC 557 is the biscuit joiner to buy short of a Lamello. However, I will say the older models are held in higher regard BUT it still sits at the head of the "working class". The Lamello joiners are going to start at over twice as much.

Given WC's price you are paying about $35 for the router compared to Amazon prices for the 557 plus whatever you will pay in tax at WC.

Like everything f you don't need it it isn't a deal, if you do it is a pretty good deal.Thank You. I do need the plate joiner. I see it advertized with Amazon for $188.25. I think I am going to go ahead and get it. I could always use another router. I am starting to get in the habit of dedicating routers to a particular job.

Van Huskey
02-21-2011, 7:28 AM
If I needed a biscuit joiner I would jump on it because in my opinion a man never has enough routers, well until he has one more than he has bits.

glenn bradley
02-21-2011, 8:12 AM
in my opinion a man never has enough routers, well until he has one more than he has bits.

Its true. They are like clamps, planes and chisels ;-)